Calcium remover

Started by roadrunner, February 28, 2014, 13:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cougar

Be careful if you use scouring pads and the pool is still full, as the metal strands will sink to the bottom,and if not vacuumed up will start to rust,  and you will have rust stains on your grouting at the bottom of the pool. :lol:

caddickt

I use elbow grease and metal looking scouring pads that are sold in Mercadona, no damage to tiles or grouting.

Regards Terry

trish

Aqua Fuerte is sold in 5litre bottles in Mercadona - but it starts to dissolve your tile cement as soon as you use it.... try it very dilute and wash off quickly.

lorca lad

Hi,

Having just drained my pool and cleaned the calc off the walls, I think that I can recommend a couple of items.

Agua fuerte will remove scale. You can buy it in most ferreterias.  I have also used ph neg in a liquid form (basically the same stuff).  After squirting it onto the tiles, I then used a stiff bristled brush to remove the calc and rinsed off with water and a sponge.

However, please be aware that both of the above are acids. So when you put them onto the calc, or even onto most surfaces, they will fizz and bubble. They also give off fumes.

On no accounts use a pressure washer... It will weaken or remove the grout from between the tiles.

Hope this helps

L.L.

roadrunner

Can anyone recommend best way to remove cal from pool tiles please. Does pressure washer work?