Found

Started by evansnews, September 02, 2018, 09:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gardener

Excellent news and well done to all those that cared.

evansnews

GOOD NEWS. Dom has got a fosterer to look after him in readiness for his ops.
Vicky and I visited Dom today, it's the first time we've seen him since finding him on Sunday, he looks a lot better still very timid, not surprising to think what may have happened to him. The place where we found him, under the motorway bridge, and the extent of his injuries, he couldn't have crawled far, so it looks like he might have been thrown from the bridge. At least he is now getting the care he needs to recover. MAZ/DOM STILL NEED DONATIONS TO HELP WITH OPS

evansnews

This is an update from Maz, "Very good news. He is not paralysed.  When Maika had him out today he stood for a while on his good leg. All he needs at the moment is someone to take him and give complete cage rest.  His pelvis is broken in 3 places completely broken so will need to be pinned. But he needs to be stronger before any op. He needs to be cleaned every time he goes to the toilet as cannot stand and change his position so he does not get sore. I will put a post on shortly then he can come out of the vet but will be a big ask. The pelvis will be done first and then other ops later. So will be affordable as in stages. Maika the vet loves him but she has a dog with brain damage she is looking after for puppy rescue or else she would have taken him for us". Well done for Maz for not giving up.

The Gardener

tandas

With that damage possible run over and managed to get where found or dumped by someone who didn't want to pay vet bills. 

mimosas

Poor boy - how on earth did he get in that state.

evansnews

Update from Mazs Canine Rescue. Hi, not good news. He has a fracture of the L10 vertebrae in his back. Multiple fractures of his pelvis.   A  leg fracture  and his hip is out of socket and the socket is badly damaged. i will speak to the vet in Huercal overa and see if he can refer him him to the cheaper orthopedic surgeon we use as will be around 5.000e at the hospital.  Not good for him i am afraid. But he does not appear in pain which maybe to do with spinal cord damage causing paralysis. So he may end up needing wheels. I would still like to help him. But the last dog with these kind of injuries   he died on the operating table so need to access the risk.

evansnews

Just found this boy near the rambla that leads to La Cinta I have my dogs with me so I'm going home to get car water and food he is not making any attempts to get up. We've named him Domingo