cat rescues

Started by gabbana1, December 30, 2013, 22:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisasbolt

It seems best that you carry putting a bit of food down and try and get a worming tablet in there. The charities only seem to take kittens and "house cats"

zilnor

awtf   I agree. I like both cats and dogs, and have had both since I was a teenager, but a feral cat can feed itself unlike stray or abandoned dogs.  :wave

awaywiththefairies

I will probably be berated for this gabbana1 but there are so many feral cats and kittens being fed by people that it would not be feasible for rescue charities to take them.   The charities  (if they have the resources)are more likely to help a 'pet' cat that needs rehoming due to losing its owner (death or illness)

Whilst I have myself put down food for strays and fed them when they come to the house, I think that domesticating them is unwise because the become unafraid of humans resulting in the possible accidents you mention.

Best to concentrate on the stray dog population who are less able to fend for themselves.

Before anyone says anything I have three of each so love both dogs and cats!

gabbana1

thanks for answers, does anyone know if either helping animales or apsa have any catteries for taking mutiple cats, i have been feeding feral young cats and can now touch them but they need to be caught soon and put somewhere safe as they are on a road and run in front of the cars its an accident just waiting to happen

Lisasbolt

I think APSA helps with cats.

Suej

PAWS at Mojacar is for Cats and also Almanzora Helping Animals will help with cats as well as dogs.

gabbana1

does anyone know of a local cat charity / rescue centre, never seem to see any where wanting to help cats.