German Shepherd

Started by terina, February 06, 2014, 18:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prettypol

Hi Casabonita,

This dog  is  very well behaved, he's  been in my house and never made a mess.  He is good natured and affectionate, and doesn't bark all the time.     He is a large male,  not castrated,  and he's  in a pretty good,. clean condition, and would make a lovely pet.

I will try to get some help regards the photo's.

Val

casabonita

If someone wants to email me good photos of him & details I will gladly advertise him on the homing sites. Will also need his location & contact name & number.

cgmaywood

I have seen a photo of this dog this morning and he is gorgeous and would make somebody a lovely pet, just needs a loving home.  Is there somebody out there who can take him?

I already have rescue dogs so cannot take him.

Chrissy

casabonita

prettypol

I have tried everything, I've asked at both the vets and  Helping Animals, now I have numbers for the Dog House and APSA, so will try them. I have made many enquiries and gather that this dog has been around  for 10days or more from the goat farm and up as far as Limaria, but no-one knows anything about it.   I am still in a dilemma!!!!!

Val

luke

o dear,can you not ring the lady who put the lost gs,she is english but its a spanish lady whos lost it? i have 6 dogs but could not just let it go,good luck.

awaywiththefairies

Before someone says something horrible I am going to support you prettypol.   As I learned a long time ago you cannot save everything, in the end you have to drive past the majority. I vowed not to pick up any more after ending up with 7, although I did stop for a tiny yorky sitting dying in the middle of the road and took it to the vets - I seem to remember it cost 50 euros to have it put to sleep. The kennels are full and were full then (2004), you end up with a load of dogs who themselves develop a pack mentality...they bark...the neighbours complain.  Everyone thinks you mad for having so many, or worse still cruel or negligent for not having them chipped vaccinated  because of the cost.

You have done your bit, given him a meal and seen if he was chipped.  Lots of Spanish dogs wonder and quite happily find their way home again.

DO NOT FEEL GUILTY!

prettypol

I think this dog is not a pure bred  G S. but  crossed with a Husky,.  A beautiful animal and he is not chipped.....  He may belong to a Spanish family so should I just let him go and hope he can find his way back home ???????   He is in a decent  condition albeit a little thin.   What a predicament  I find myself in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

terina

Hi Luke   the German Shepherd that this posting is about has a blue leather collar on it - the one that you mentioned says no collar, so probably not the same dog

luke

luke

there is a lady looking for her gs been gone 3 weeks,her no is on the fórum under lost gs,

casabonita

prettypol

I can't get this big dog to get into my car, I need to find out if he is chipped.   
Any suggestions??????  I don't have any numbers for the Animal Charities who might be able to help with this...

Val

terina

Good luck   someone must be missing him

prettypol

This big dog was clean and quiet all night, and must belong to someone.  He is playful, yet gentle. Surely somebody knows him.  I'll try to get him in my car and see if he's chipped....

prettypol

He is a full blooded G S;  I  had German Shepherds many years ago and he very similar in colour .

terina

Thanks for letting me know, I wonder if he is chipped, he seemed in such good condition, and a lovely nature.

Do hope you can find his home

prettypol

Hi Terina,

The very large German Shepherd you saw with the blue collar on was at Limaria this evening, so I fed him and he came home with me.  I can't keep him, but will try to find his owner tomorrow.  He is a beautiful specimen...

Val

terina

thanks for that, have just checked and it is definitely not the same dog, much lighter in colour and blue collar, hopefully he will find his owner

prettypol

Terina.. Look at the post by Rod,  "Big Boy". He is looking for a dog around La Hortichuela, La Alhambra area. There is a photo  so you could check if it's the dog you saw today. It's been missing for about a week now..

Val

terina

I was on they way to Albox this afternoon and just past Limaria there was a beautiful German  Shepherd wandering, It was a fair colour in places with tan in other places, very hungry, I gave it some food but couldn't persuade it to get into the car.   It had a blue leather collar on.    In the end I had to leave it and it just watched me as I drove away.  I don't think it was the one that the Spanish ladies have lost as they said it didn't have a collar on