Windscreen wiper rubbers....

Started by hank, September 13, 2013, 14:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hank

Hi El Sid. At 1.75€ each I thought that the Todo route would be the option. They fitted easily and perfectly. We'll just have to see how long they last. Not been able to try them out yet as it's not rained and the washers refuse to work properly. Still they look good!  Going to try the pressure hose in the washer bottle over the weekend to see if I can shift the sludge. Thanks again for all the reccos. Hank.
If I had to live my life over, I'd live it over a pub.

Windows was unable to locate the requested file. Would you like a glass of wine instead?

el sid

Hank, where did you buy your wipers from?

Quote from: hank on September 14, 2013, 21:33:04 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies on the wipers.
Got some today and now fitted. (Now waiting for rain!!!)
Anyone got any ideas on the washer bottle??
Cheers. Hank.

The Spaniard

Quote from: hank on September 14, 2013, 21:33:04 PM
Cheers. Hank.

It is normally additives for screen cleaning that create the sludge. Try getting a small hosepipe as far down the bottle as you can & keep it going to overflow the bottle. Doesn't really work though if you haven't got decent water pressure.

hank

Cheers. Hank.

Windows was unable to locate the requested file. Would you like a glass of wine instead?

cgmaywood

We have had the one's fitted by SRS, we have found them to be really good and they have lasted.

Chrissy

gus-lopez

They last me about 4-6 weeks here , even though I clear dust, etc; before using them. no difference between by Bosch or hong kong fueys . So it's the 3€ ones & throw them away .

Peter and Frances

The Spanish ones are better value and cope with the hot weather, why does it have to be British in SPAIN

Peter and Frances

The Spanish ones are better value and cope with the hot weather, why does it have to British in SPAIN

cantabrian

BUT the todo shop (up the steps past the bridge !) sells stuff THAT is BRITISH !!!!! (AS SEEN ON TV !!! )

Peter and Frances

The garage SRS in Cucador on the N334 sells and fits them and they don't perish good value

cantabrian

The todo shop up the steps over the bridge (albox) has a good selection , a friend who was visiting two years ago has asked me to post more on !! (good recommendation !)

hank

Hi all.
Anyone know if I can locally buy wiper rubber blades on their own, or do I have to buy all the surrounding metal/plastic as well? I was thinking of trying the motor spares place next to Supintura. Will I get the rubbers on their own in there or will I need to try elsewhere? Thanks. Hank.
Also I have a Mk 2 Megan and the screen washers don't work properly. The washer motor is fine so I guess there is a build-up of sludge in the bottom of the reservoir bottle. Is there a de-sludge stuff out there which I can buy, or do I have to take the whole front of the car to pieces to clean the bottle out. Thanks again. Hank.