Blackcurrant and raspberry bushes

Started by hurlez, March 27, 2014, 19:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sledgehammer

Hi, I bought some in Lidl Vera on Monday €1.99 each

telcaz

Hello Colin, sorry I can't remember how much they were, but I don't think they were as expensive as the €8 you paid at the garden centre, anyway I hope you find some when you call in.
                               Terry.

ColinC

Quote from: telcaz on April 06, 2014, 10:30:27 AM
Bloody hell Valerie, you are six thousand miles away and I am still not safe, I think I will nip round and see Trevor, we can then band together and block you.
                                              Ha, ha.  Terry xx.

Colin I was in Lidl (Albox) yesterday and they had fruit bushes they were on the right as you walk through the door.
                                                        Terry.

Need my eyes testing  :lol: :lol: How much were they can you remember...There might be some left Monday..

telcaz

Bloody hell Valerie, you are six thousand miles away and I am still not safe, I think I will nip round and see Trevor, we can then band together and block you.
                                              Ha, ha.  Terry xx.

Colin I was in Lidl (Albox) yesterday and they had fruit bushes they were on the right as you walk through the door.
                                                        Terry.

ColinC

I looked in Lidl in Albox yesterday and couldn't see any :( :(.. The ones I got from Organic next to Longo's were 8€ each, but look very healthy...so here's hoping there will be apple and blueberry pie in the autumn  8) 8)

Popsie

telcaz

They are selling Blackberry, Redcurrant, and variety of other soft fruit in Lidl.
                                                               Terry.

hurlez

Thanks for your replies ,will try the ones I have now bought as they were only £1 each in pound land .

ColinC

Bought 2 raspberry and two blueberry from the organic garden centre next to Longo's this week..I have planted them in partial sun and sheltered from the wind..fingers crossed...Hoping that the local ones are more suited to the environment than bring them from the UK

J.patner

In my experience with raspberry bushes you can buy them here but I was told when I brought it they don't like the cold weather? A couple of years later it died. Blackberry bushes grow wild up here in the mountains so maybe easier to look after?  :tiphat:

hurlez

Do blackcurrant and raspberry bushes grow ok in Albox area as I would like to fetch some from the UK on my next trip over.
Many Thanks,
Hurlez