connect lap top to tv

Started by beverley man, February 07, 2014, 11:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Optomist

Quote from: beverley man on February 07, 2014, 17:10:07 PM
Hi,  do you have to disconnect the sky box? First, thanks peter,

No because your simply using a different input so other connected devices are unaffected , you can have several video or audio sources running into the TV via different inputs and you just swap between them using the Input selection .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

beverley man

Hi,  do you have to disconnect the sky box? First, thanks peter,
beverley man

Optomist

Go into your TVs settings an look for Inputs , you need to select the HDMI that your going to use for the Laptop . There might be options such as  HDMI , HDMI 1 , HDMI 2 , HDMI(ARC) , PC , SCART , A/V1 , A/V2 , RGB , S-VID ,  depends which your TV has and what the manufacturer labels them as .Think of it as telling the TV where the preferred signal will be coming from . You might have to set the output signal on your Laptop again depending on the make, model  and Operating system , some will automatically detect the HDMI output is in use and sent picture to it others will need to be set to either EXTERNAL MONITOR  , PC, or EXTERNAL MONITOR + PC , you can often toggle between them .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

byrney

Not sure whether all tellies are the same, but with mine, I have my HMDI cable plugged into socket HMD2 on my telly and I have to change the telly over to HMD2 on my remote control.  Then switch pc onto whatever I want to watch and hey presto sound and vision through telly.

beverley man

Hi ,  can I connect to my tv with a hdmi lead from my lap top , do I have to tune the tv to accept it , or is it just plug and play, thanks peter
beverley man