A method to stream from laptop to smart TV without any cables

Started by Optomist, June 17, 2014, 13:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger 383

If you have got a tablet or Android phone you can use a Chrome Quadcast dongle, no wires use wifi, set this up on my non smart tv, with excellent results, the Quadcast is £30, and the price doesn't vary, Chrome/Google have set the price, so amazon pc world are all the same price

Hawkeye1

Angieh

Forgive me for being stupid.....I have a smart tv and lap top, internet access. How do I get the tv to be wireless.?

Optomist

Obviously its just as easy to get it direct through the Smart TV thats what we do with one of ours however it depends on the TV , not all have flash players installed and cant have one added so wont be able to stream live TV from the browser plus often a Laptop or smartphone will be faster and get it when the TV cant or is buffering . If it was just as easy for everyone with a Smart TV then i wouldn't have bothered posting but i guess whatever is posted you cant include absolutely everything to avoid every possible critizim . Not to worry , I've amended it now so as not to cause anyone confusion .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

Optomist

For anyone with a smart TV and finding they get better reception of Filmon on their laptop connected to the TV via a cable you can now do it wireless for nothing .  :tiphat:
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .