Main Menu

Recent posts

The last time we used Brittany Ferries we could only get a 2 berth inside cabin on our return - never again. They charge more than you can pay for a hotel for their accommodation. It's a disgrace. The food is fodder whereas with DFDS they have a NICE restaurant with reasonable food. Just my opinion.
We have used Propane for many years on all appliances including a mobile heater the regulator is the same , be careful about the regulators as there is one with a gold top which has a higher gas flow .
Be good, to know if propane can be used on junkers boilers 
Many thanks to both of you. So I'll probably contact Repsol on Monday for an independent opinion.

It will actually be a few weeks before we need to switch the kitchen geyser over to new bottles.
I normally use butane on the gas hob, propane on the bbq.
But, I have used propane on the hob without any issues when the butane bottle went and I didn't have a spare.
Propane is cheaper, but like Tets says, check if your appliance can safely use either.
 defiantly check that your appliances are suitable  to burn propane

I use propane for heating and cutting steel ,it burns hotter  than standard butane 

they use propane   on the big fiesta  paella burners .

In this Forum, we have already been told that the 'normal' [heavier] bottles of Butano have now been phased out.

[Normal] Propano bottles, on the other hand, are for sale. Kristina [in FontArboleas] remarked to me that these tended to be the preferred choice in Bars and Restaurants - regarded as more suitable for larger areas? In any event, both she and MarĂ­a [who also works there] confirmed that there would be absolutely no problem in using Propano in a private house. They did have some available there [not many, admittedly], so - with 'fingers crossed' - I purchased some, and will see how it goes.

Those Propano bottles were 15 euros each. Today's FontArboleas price for one of the newer [blue, lighter weight] Butano bottles, is 20 euros.

Arboleas General Chatter - Sponsored by / Re: Brittany ferries code
Last post by tandas - May 24, 2024, 17:25:17 PM
just come back from UK on the Brittany ferry and can honestly say never had such bad food on offer and as for the passengers the amount of booze consumed by those driving on arrival was frightening.  That included motorbike riders.
The most boring of trip every experienced even with tv in cabin which gives you a neck ache anyway as you have to lie on your bunk to see it.
As for duty free not sure what that means as it is all so expensive might as well wait until your in Spain.
Only good thing now is the room on the car deck so you can open the car doors without dinking another car.
But if you find it hard to climb stairs only 2 lifts from the car deck and not up to the top.
Arboleas General Chatter - Sponsored by / Re: USB type C
Last post by felipe - May 24, 2024, 10:19:43 AM
Great advice. NEVER leave anything on charge overnight
Arboleas General Chatter - Sponsored by / Re: Brittany ferries code
Last post by Oats - May 24, 2024, 08:45:17 AM
Have PM'd you.