the cost of re reg back in the uk a car

Started by beverley man, January 15, 2014, 18:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Spaniard

Quote from: Garlicking on January 16, 2014, 22:41:31 PM
Just as a matter of interest can you adjust the headlights on a lhd car or do you need to replace them. Also do you have to change your speedo ?

Some you can, some you can't.Find a motor factors that has headlight equiuvalent part book & it will show up in there whether there are seperate left,right hand drive headlights.

alansue

I re/registered an English car with Spanish plates a few years ago. As I had a copy of the original UK car documents it was plated with its original number by DVLA in Exeter. The only thing I had to have was up to date Car Insurance on the UK number. Just thought this might help.

Garlicking

Just as a matter of interest can you adjust the headlights on a lhd car or do you need to replace them. Also do you have to change your speedo ?

gus-lopez

Quote from: Fickle on January 16, 2014, 18:30:02 PM
Don't forget to de-register the car in Spain first. If you don't you'll end up with never-ending bills for car tax.

The re-reg in the UK will probably be cheaper than the permanent export plates/de.reg here !  :lol:

Fickle

Don't forget to de-register the car in Spain first. If you don't you'll end up with never-ending bills for car tax.

cantabrian

WHY not post it on the forum?? It may help for other people !!

Peter / Wendy

Hi I have just been through this  in the last 6 weeks so will list the procedure out for you in the next couple of days and send you a pm Regards Peter

rozzieb

A couple of years ago it was £68. may be a little more now but not anywhere what it costs in Spain.

beverley man

Hi does anyone know the cost  re  registering back in the uk a spanish plated car the was originally from the uk thanks peter.
beverley man