Main Menu

Recent posts

We use butane on the hob, and Propano on both our Junker boilers. Never had a problem
Arboleas General Chatter - Sponsored by / Re: USB type C
Last post by lmj52 - Today at 09:38:40 AM
Definitely never leave anything charging overnight
I've only used butane for my BBQ. 12.5 kg bottle, was 17.50€ yesterday.
The last time we used Brittany Ferries we could only get a 2 berth inside cabin on our return - never again. They charge more than you can pay for a hotel for their accommodation. It's a disgrace. The food is fodder whereas with DFDS they have a NICE restaurant with reasonable food. Just my opinion.
We have used Propane for many years on all appliances including a mobile heater the regulator is the same , be careful about the regulators as there is one with a gold top which has a higher gas flow .
Be good, to know if propane can be used on junkers boilers 
Many thanks to both of you. So I'll probably contact Repsol on Monday for an independent opinion.

It will actually be a few weeks before we need to switch the kitchen geyser over to new bottles.
I normally use butane on the gas hob, propane on the bbq.
But, I have used propane on the hob without any issues when the butane bottle went and I didn't have a spare.
Propane is cheaper, but like Tets says, check if your appliance can safely use either.
 defiantly check that your appliances are suitable  to burn propane

I use propane for heating and cutting steel ,it burns hotter  than standard butane 

they use propane   on the big fiesta  paella burners .

In this Forum, we have already been told that the 'normal' [heavier] bottles of Butano have now been phased out.

[Normal] Propano bottles, on the other hand, are for sale. Kristina [in FontArboleas] remarked to me that these tended to be the preferred choice in Bars and Restaurants - regarded as more suitable for larger areas? In any event, both she and María [who also works there] confirmed that there would be absolutely no problem in using Propano in a private house. They did have some available there [not many, admittedly], so - with 'fingers crossed' - I purchased some, and will see how it goes.

Those Propano bottles were 15 euros each. Today's FontArboleas price for one of the newer [blue, lighter weight] Butano bottles, is 20 euros.