What’s the difference between financial accountant and management accounting?

Started by morganreach, July 24, 2021, 09:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elgin

Put as simply as possible management accounting is Internal accounting i.e. providing reports etc for internal managers.  Financial accounting is External accounting i.e. providing reports for persons and bodies outside the business (e.g. investors, press, public bodies and the good old tax man).  Financial accounting has to be done in accordance with strict rules whereas management accounting can produce the numbers that the business manages want to see in a format they want.

Tetley

now i am confused  in fact i think i am" Bi accountable"    :shocked:    think i am off in the shed to listen to the village people on 45   :wink:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Angleseyite

Quote from: morganreach on July 24, 2021, 09:05:28 AM
Your financial accountant is there to keep the Inland Revenue and any external stakeholders happy. By recording financial information at the end of the year. A financial accountant focuses on tax.

????

morganreach

Your financial accountant is there to keep the Inland Revenue and any external stakeholders happy. By recording financial information at the end of the year. A financial accountant focuses on tax.