Gas men calling

Started by Babyboomer, September 13, 2015, 15:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elgin

Quote from: Babyboomer on September 15, 2015, 10:20:55 AM
Quote from: ginger on September 13, 2015, 21:41:46 PM
I believe it is a requirement to renew your licence every 5 years (someone will correct this if I am wrong).  Check the date of your last licence and when it's getting close to being renewed, check the dates on the rubber pipes and, if you choose, change these yourself. ..................

Yes you are correct. My concern is in the sun over here things perish very quickly by comparision with my UK experience.
The check in my opinion is critical from a life safety pperspective.

Except in Cataluña where it is every 4 years

Babyboomer

Quote from: ginger on September 13, 2015, 21:41:46 PM
I believe it is a requirement to renew your licence every 5 years (someone will correct this if I am wrong).  Check the date of your last licence and when it's getting close to being renewed, check the dates on the rubber pipes and, if you choose, change these yourself. ..................

Yes you are correct. My concern is in the sun over here things perish very quickly by comparision with my UK experience.
The check in my opinion is critical from a life safety pperspective.
Mark Drew email:mark1drew at gmail.com El Prado, Arboleas.

ginger

I believe it is a requirement to renew your licence every 5 years (someone will correct this if I am wrong).  Check the date of your last licence and when it's getting close to being renewed, check the dates on the rubber pipes and, if you choose, change these yourself.  Caused a bit of fun at our last inspection as we had changed all the pipes and then I found the engineer cutting one off.  When I queried it he pointed out the date on the pipe - and I pointed out that was the date of manufacture, not the expiry date, so a rather embarrassed gas engineer had to put ours back.  he didn't do it twice.

Babyboomer

Confirmed report from Local Policia of people calling to perform gas checks.

Whilst the company they represent is genuine they are charging a far higher price than local companies or Repsol.

The police advice is NEVER accept cold callers to check your gas installation, as they overcharge, change things that don't need to be changed and offer no guarantee.

Use a local Spanish company or Repsol by appointment only.

Finally it is important to periodically have your gas installation checked for safety. Rubber pipes and regulators fail in the environment here and could pose a serious risk.
Mark Drew email:mark1drew at gmail.com El Prado, Arboleas.