Doulton water filter

Started by stean, December 13, 2023, 17:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tandas

can confirm that Tetley is right make sure that mains is off.  We didn't and 6 weeks later the villa was full of water and the electrics tripped so the pool cleaner told us.  Hubby flew out to find himself paddling in the villa in the dark and it was from a ill fitted seal on the osmosis under the sink.  Took ages to dry out and we didn't get much joy from the insurance either plus a rather large water bill to pay.  Lesson learnt.   

Tetley

off topic but a bit of a heads up for holiday home owners if you leave the water mains on to the house wile away

be aware that the plastic components age on the filter units and of the water board ........ have had the mains apart in the street ,you can get a pressure surge wich can crack the filter equipment and wreck the house with a water leak if its over month,s

so folks need a mains on off valve to the filter supply and a mains pressure regulator set at 2 bar ish  on the water meter out let and this will protect the white goods and boiler ,against over pressure in the system .

https://www.amazon.es/QWORK-Regulador-presi%C3%B3n-ajustable-pulgadas/dp/B081VB9VHC/ref=asc_df_B081VB9VHC/?tag=googshopes-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=593100645314&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11893360829427607909&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1005500&hvtargid=pla-894525146354&mcid=e2f59ba5bbe739dbafaaf8de615005b0&th=1
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

blewinton

Hi, Also interested to know where to get them, I did buy a compatable from amazon es before but it was useless so would like to know which sort that you bought as there were many to choose from. looking forward to the answer
Brian

stean

Hi. I could not see them on amazon es, maybe yours are not the same as mine. I have the ultracarb SI type.

Sueandandyb

We get compatible ones from amazon spain we bought 3 couple months ago 3 for €19.99
They work good also try amazon Germany also had from there before

stean

Lynne

Have you tried Fontalmanzora or Euronics?
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

stean

Hi all, Where can I get a replacement Doulton water filter from, Phil H2o man has gone from Los Lanos market.
Thanks.