Drinking water arboleas

Started by harley1, January 24, 2024, 19:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmj52

Maybe it's coincidence, but kidney stones are very common here. Mine was certainly due to calcium and I've only drank bottled water. I had my thyroid and parathyroid removed in 2005, so my body doesn't make calcium. Very strange.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

yes Ang thats all fine and Dandy but what people are jumping around about is the ability to be able to drink it .....which has never been the case ....its always been Agricultural water...full of calcium

i used to wash my cars with it and it used to leave oily like sediment  streaks all over the paintwork......so i now just use my rain water well water .... 8) 

anyway same as the uk ,if people want to drink the tap water thats fine......as long as they dont make it compulsory lol 

must dash im mending my well rain water feed pipe in readiness for the rainy season  .....(27 march 2 till 6 for the rain  ::) ....hopefully )

from memory as well after a lot of sleeps going back a few years ,the local doc,s and medics always stipulated no local tap water consumption .
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Angleseyite

Tets so long as the softener is functioning correctly, there should be very little calc build up in household appliances on a soft water system, mine have no calc after 10rys, even the taps are totally free of the stuff, if they are using softened water, the ones before the softener are a different matter.

Tetley

Sally have you ever stripped a boiler here ?

the elements and Anode disintegrate with the call and inside the boiler fills with cal......after around 5 years

the white goods ....if the softener works well thats fine (our last washer element with the softener lasted 7 years )

but it still does not detract from the problem that the water is agricultural and full of calcium....  (unless the punters are consuming the water with a drop of softener as well lol for safe measure  )

but if people wish to drink the water through the filters ,thats there choice .....

but if it was me,i would be getting the filtered water tested .....at the test lab in hercual overa .  8)

:afro:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

jusjac

Have the three big filters outside, always use tap water for cooking, use it in kettle and have never had to descale it once in 5 years. Drink water from the fridge water tap which has another inline filter, can't see what all the fuss is about.
There can be only one

SallyW

"this is why the electric boilers and white goods only last around 5 years with the elements been attacked  by the cal"

Really?  I am still using all the same white goods after nearly 20 years using a water softener.

lmj52

Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Angleseyite

Ahhh, the stuff sent to England went through a special treatment process  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Tetley

Ang
have you got any pictures of the Welsh water ?

i might ask ,see if the english  shops sell it .... :shocked:

il get mi coat   :))

Angleseyite

We use the tap water (filtered) for all our cooking, cleaning teeth, showering, washing etc, but for making drinks etc we use bottled water, this has been the case for us since moving over, no ill effects up to now :grin: I'd sooner drink the tap water here than the UK capitals stuff that's for sure. But the Welsh water was fabulous  :grin:  :grin:

shadeseeker

Water softener  to remove cal and a proper Reverse Osmosis system  so you can drink the tap water and use it for cooking. We have both and well worth the investment
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

Tetley

exactly OGM this is why in the consumer food and drinks everything is in stainless steel ,i have a tap water kettle for the hand wash in the shed , and the amount f crap that comes through the main,s combined with the calcium levels in the water ,this is why the electric boilers and white goods only last around 5 years with the elements been attacked  by the cal

it also makes you wonder in the uk how many people are in the care homes with brain illnesses  through led and aluminum /metal contents in the old water supply's

when mi mam went into care for a few weeks before departure probably 80% of the residents had dememtua and  Alzihmers .......old water supply pipe/metals  contamination ?

any way back to mi terrace grouting and i might have a tin of London Pride later keyser  :shocked:

:wink:

OGM

Never ever drink water that's piped in, always bottled water for drinking and cooking unless you have a proper filtration system. Considering how cheap bottled water is, I can't believe anyone even questions it.

keyser soze

Tetley

You are absolutely right about Londons recycled urine

However you are wrong about its destination

as you know its exported to Spain and you suckers drink it    thinking its beer

Tetley

Brian i once went to Oria but un fortunately it was closed .... :wink:

and my friend ,who helps me with the olives lives in  Los Cerricos....and he buys tanker water /super market water as well ..... :blank:

anyway im off to market for mi veg and then LIDL , for a fill up 

morning all looks like another sunny day this side of" the EU Sunshine state" wall   but remember no drinkie drinkie   tap water   :afro:

Penhallow

Tetley , you are really something , the water in Oria area Has always been good !!! You state you have visited many places in Spain , Certainly not Los Finos , Los Cerricos , and even Oria ! The water has always been Potable ! It is the Estates that have the problem , the Clowncil are not really Clever people .

JuanC

Hello Roger, it seems incredible that you have ever been a councilor, I see that you were not aware of the neighbors' problems. Water and network maintenance corresponds to the company GALASA, this company is managed by the PP. The problem has been that given the depletion of the supply in the well that provides water to these areas, Cristóbal got tired of waiting for GALASA (PP) and requested said work to do it without being a direct responsibility of the City Council due to the poor management of the GALASA company by the members of the PP. That is to say, this work should not be done by the City Council because it does not collect GALASA receipts, but Cristóbal, in order to solve the problem of his neighbors, solves it due to the poor functioning of this company managed by the PP. When Cristóbal gets the money to solve this problem, the PP of Arboleas decides that it is not an emergency to carry out this work and delays its start. In this case, Cristóbal went to solve a problem that was the responsibility of the company, managed by the PP, which collects receipts for maintenance. In short, they have done nothing in the urban area, they have lost the day center for elderly people that should have started construction in September and they have delayed the work of supplying drinking water to these neighborhoods.

lmj52

I'm with Tetley on this. Bottle water for us, also many parts of the Uk has terrible water. I remember in the early 1960's drinking pure water in a little Welsh village. Lovely taste. Those days are gone
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

so campers to summarise

its either bottled water from the supermarket

tanker delivered water 

or fresh rain water collected into an under house floor tank 

all  to be boiled for drinking water 

and don't give your pets tap water 

its always been the same in my 20 plus years house owning here ....  8)

así que los campistas para resumir es o bien el agua embotellada del supermercado, camión cisterna de agua entregada, o agua de lluvia fresca recogida en un tanque bajo el piso de la casa, todo para ser hervida para el agua potable y no dar a sus mascotas el agua del grifo siempre ha sido el mismo en mis más de 20 años de casa propia aquí ....
 :afro:

Tetley

Roger.....FFS

this is a provincial government /national government thing and effects many areas of spain ,

in fact in Murcia capital protesters used to bring the capitol to a holt over water quality issues ....

in London they drink there own Pxss

and in rural spain the mains are agricultural water

i  visit different homes in spain in different provinces and NON of the water is for human consumption,

and the same with the UK that,s full of chemical crap as well @£750 a year.........

this area as always been main agricultural quality water  only

hence the big 6 wheel 8 ,000kg lorry water tanker lorry's delivering locally and village residents stood holding water bottles.....waiting for a fill up

and then the  local supermarkets  that regularly sell out of certain types of low cal water

so some of us have been buying water and on message for years .......  :blank:

Roger.....FFS...... :angry: 

this es una cosa gobierno provincial / gobierno nacional y los efectos de muchas zonas de españa, de hecho, en Murcia manifestantes de capital utilizados para llevar a la capital a un holt sobre cuestiones de calidad del agua ....in Londres beben allí propia Pxss y en las zonas rurales de españa la red principal son wateri agrícola han visitar diferentes casas en españa en diferentes provincias y no del agua es para consumo humano, y lo mismo con el Reino Unido que, está lleno de basura química, así @ £ 750 al año. ........esta zona ha sido siempre la principal calidad del agua agrícola onlyhence los grandes camiones cisterna de agua de 6 ruedas 8, 000kg camiones que entregan a nivel local y los residentes de los pueblos de pie botellas de agua .....waiting para un fill upand entonces los supermercados locales que venden regularmente fuera de ciertos tipos de agua baja en cal por lo que algunos de nosotros hemos estado comprando agua y en el masaje durante años ....... :blank:

Roger

You have been in power for 12 years.
Your father knew this was a brewing issue for the whole of that time.
So now you are saying that work could have started on a solution a few months ago.
We all know that a long term solution will take a long time.

JuanC

Well neighbors, we requested this work and they gave it to us to start doing it in mid-2023. The new government team postponed said project for some reason that we do not know. We only hope that they carry out this project that has already been approved. Let's hope it is as soon as possible for the well-being of the neighbors.

Roger

This is a problem which has been predicted for many years.

The villages in the upper part of the Arroyo Aceituna receive their water from aquifers in the hills.
Lower down, Los Garcias and Los Carrascos receives water from the water tower opposite the punto limpio.
This is filled from water piped from the desalination plant on the coast.

For years we have known that the aquafers were under strain because of increased demand from new houses and falling rain levels.

This should have been addressed years ago.

Penhallow

It must be an Arbiland problem , maybe Albox is in the same Sxxt , Oria area has Pure water  been drinking it for 26 years no problems ,also Lead pipes in the UK ,never affected us !!

Johnny73

Quote facebook.###
All great now, panic over.😅😅
PS. Note the point that is not drinkable after boiling or after filtering. Off for more bottled now.🙂😅

***WATER UPDATE***

Just been to see Antonio at the town hall with regards to last night's post about undrinkable water,  here is the update from the town hall which will be put out later today with more details by them.

It would appear to only affect El Choppo  up to Los Lazas.

The reason being due to lack of rainfall  the storage reservoir is under its minimum so is picking up impurities and sediment and was picked up by the health authority who notified the Ayuntamiento yesterday who immediately put out the banda notification.the water is NOT drinkable even through filters or after  boiling.

Antonio advised us that the Town hall  team were having a meeting this afternoon amd the plan appears to be the provision of free water via water tankers to the affected areas.  Details of which will be released once their plan is in place. 

The long term plan is to replace  the pipework and push water to us up the mountain but this is not an overnight fix.

pinky

didn't know London was in spain, never lived there

Malcolm

This problem has been going on for years and years. I don't even wash my car in it and all that's happened is nothing and it's somebody else's problem why nothing has been done. All that this notice has done is terrify people into stock up all available water in the supermarket

Tetley

Is London tap water recycled sewage?

In London that water is recycled up to 7 times. Filtration is only the removal of particles; this doesn't treat or purify the water.  :shocked:

at least we now all have something to go on..... :))

¿El agua del grifo de Londres es agua residual reciclada?

En Londres el agua se recicla hasta 7 veces. La filtración es sólo la eliminación de partículas; esto no trata ni purifica el agua. :shocked:

al menos ahora todos tenemos algo en lo que basarnos..... :afro:

pinky

further to my earlier post surely there is a EUROPEAN STANDARD for water and

ALL DOMESTIC WATER SHOULD REACH THAT STANDARD AND BE SAFE TO DRINK !!!

JuanC

Hello, our group (PSOE) requested a project to provide Carboneras water to the affected neighborhoods. They awarded us the work before losing the elections. We were going to complete this work in 2023. The new team from the Arboleas City Council requested a postponement for said work. We understand that it is a matter of priorities of the new team, perhaps they have been entertained at their numerous parties. On the other hand, the execution period for the work ends this year, we will press for the completion of this work, which is part of our political protection, which is to guarantee drinking water to 100% of the municipality.

sandy b

Apparently I've been told it is from Las Garcia and down further up the valley. Los Carrascos isn't affected.

shadeseeker

If you have a "Reverse Osmosis" the water is perfectly  safe to drink. Check out the info online.
This is NOT the "osmosis system" which does not purify. It only acts as a filter
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

Johnny73

Firstly the notice from the town hall related to the water wells in the Arroya Aceituna and didn't mention anywhere else in Arboleas !!
Having said that we would never drink the water from the tap having seen the sludge that comes out sometimes. Just look at the stuff in the filters if you have a filter system .
Bottled water for us even though we have a filter under sink and one inside gate.
Water is cheap.
As for all the money, it's gone where all the other money went for the last 30+ years.
It's Espana, get used to it.

Tetley

this is why the super markets sell loads of bottled water and the water tanker man has a round in the villages ie  8 ton truck with big stainless steel tank on the back....and local,s filling plastic containers or under floor house wells 

the water supply is and always has been Agricultural type water ..... :afro:

pinky

hello clever people
so after 17years here they now tell us not to drink the water from our taps.
A new water supply from the village was meant to be started by the end of last year -the town hall have the the money to do it- but it has now been delayed . so where has that money gone ???
 fully paid up tax resident     :angry:  :angry: