Non pixelating pictues anyone?

Started by Mermaid, June 10, 2014, 15:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CT

For BBC1 HD we use Sky 977 which is BBC1 Scotland and it seems OK 24/7. There are a few different news and sports programmes and a very funny comedy called Still Game.

Mermaid

Thanks for the responses. Hope the World Cup games are on at the 'better' times of the day or I will be living with a really grumpy old man!! 

steveconway24

Taken from skyinmadrid website, news.....

ASTRA 2E SIGNAL WEAKENS
We have received many reports of weaker signals from the Astra 2E UK spot beam, which carries BBC & ITV.
In S.E. France, a local English language radio station was "swamped with complaints" according to our correspondent in Frejus.
The deterioration has affected southern France and Spain. It's likely that the satellite has been the subject of "station keeping", which can result in a slight movement of the beam. This happens every 4-6 weeks, resulting in loss of signal if the receiving dish is right at the margin of a viewable signal. All geostationary satellites need to be kept on station, which is achieved by firing tiny jets on the spacecraft.
Digital broadcasting is normally either received perfectly or not at all. Analogue systems in the past would just become more grainy.
Hot weather and humidity can also weaken faint satellite signals.
The solutions to push the signal back over the threshold for breakup are:
better LNB
adjustment of the dish
bigger dish
more sensitive receiver.
The signal should improve again in June or July.

I believe most people are having problems, Try BBC Wales HD, (on Humax) That's normally good all day.

thetidders

Sometimes it depends which BBC you watch.  North West can be bad at times so after trying several we have found BBC Channel Islands best.  I think it's 978 or 968.  It's worth trying a few.

Jean
Jean & Vince Tildesley
ILLIA!

tandas

Sometimes bbc is terrible 1st thing ie 9ish and sometimes it is ok

Mermaid

Is anyone with a new larger dish getting the BBC and ITV channels at all times of the day without pixilation?