british troops xmas present

Started by raysun, December 24, 2017, 08:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skol

Where ever British troops are serving and whatever there role is, I would like to wish them a safe and Happy Christmas.
Maggie appreciated the British Military but Mrs May seems totally indifferent. They deserve a lot more than a few decorations.

zilnor

Byrney,
Correct. Also having to incorporate more "widgets" for security reasons. Cost is similar, regardless of changing the colour.

As usual, the anti-gov media jump on it and obviously manage to persuade many people their version is correct !  :72:
Rather like the inaccurate reporting of the £500 for the troops in Afghanistan.

As for BBC news, don't you mean the Biased Broadcasting Corporation , aka , the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation. :93:

byrney

I may be wrong Mel, but I recall that this is the cost of the contract for supplying passports which is due to expire shortly anyway, and would be the same no matter what the colour of the passport - maybe a bit of Press misinformation (Heaven forbid!).........

mel20

Considering they are allegedly spending 490 million on changing passport's this is disgraceful

raysun

One pound each ??? Come on. These guys risk their lives every day.
How much is spent on decorations in number 10.????
Dont care how much a follower of frau may that you may be but thats really pennypinching.
At least give them a few quid to have a party.  Bah humbug springs to mind.

JessicaH

Is true but is only towards Christmas decorations. Trust the media to make a mountain out of a molehill...

raysun

All over bbc and sky news early before you all got up!! Its true.

mel20

If its in the express its bound to be true ....NOT

KJH3

Ah found it, express on line. if true thats not right.

KJH3

Cannot find this story on the net even after googling, can you point me to the source. Many thanks

raysun

Teresa may has been blasted after making a nice speech wishing british troops a merry xmas and then they get a christmas present of 500 pounds between 500 of them in afganistan,
yes the handsome sum of one pound each.
Scrooge is alive and well  still.
americain troops have received loads of gifts in comparison.
what a way to treat troops that could  be killed at any time over there.
one pound !! Im gobsmacked.