Satellite TV Dish

Started by Chilliport, December 23, 2017, 19:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elliymob

Quote from: coolsolutions on December 24, 2017, 09:26:27 AM
Hi Chilliport

What Malcolm has said is correct but in addition, a montly/annual subscription to Sky will be required to receive BT Sports and Sky channels. The only other methods to be considered,to receive these channels are either IPTV or an android box/firestick . Both of these methods are reliant on the internet and as such are subject the internet related issues.

IPTV,supplier dependent  there may be varying degrees of reliability. using any streaming method, if there is a weak link  ie oversubscribed IPTV server(cheap),local equipment(network cable,router,mag box,android box/firestick),internet supplier, you will get buffering.

In my opinion by far the easiest to use and most reliable method is a large prime focus satellite dish. Linked to either a SKY HD box(where sky is required) or a Humax freesat recorder.

Regards
Colin

This mainly correct , however in the huercal overa area a 1.9 m dish will NOT get you a selection of sky channels , like ITV HD , quest & +1 , ITV 2& 3 & 4 HD , discovery +1 , yesterday & +1 drama , and the list go's on last time I bothered we had over 20 that did not work as there on the other satellite , I'm told no more migrations are planned but who knows . We don't have sports so can't say . If I was buying again I would go 3 m every time as all the above are then available and the difference in price is not much over time .

If you live here full time and do not have a uk address in your name you will need a host as well as a subscription as you can't apply for sky without . Also the on line elements of sky won't work either as you need to have a uk IP address .

But avoid on line services as its pants and it's said on the news that hooky android boxes that deliver all for free are used to raise funds for terrorist groups ?

coolsolutions

Hi Chilliport

What Malcolm has said is correct but in addition, a montly/annual subscription to Sky will be required to receive BT Sports and Sky channels. The only other methods to be considered,to receive these channels are either IPTV or an android box/firestick . Both of these methods are reliant on the internet and as such are subject the internet related issues.

IPTV,supplier dependent  there may be varying degrees of reliability. using any streaming method, if there is a weak link  ie oversubscribed IPTV server(cheap),local equipment(network cable,router,mag box,android box/firestick),internet supplier, you will get buffering.

In my opinion by far the easiest to use and most reliable method is a large prime focus satellite dish. Linked to either a SKY HD box(where sky is required) or a Humax freesat recorder.

Regards
Colin

CoolSolutions,Colin Baldwin

Malcolm

You won't get buffering with a dish 1.9mtr is sufficient but you will need a Sky or Humax box. It may not work in a blizzard or heavy rainstorm but when did we last get one of those?

Chilliport

Yet another query on TV. Can anyone tell me what a 3 metre dish can provide please. We've been told that it can provide all UK programmes including Sky and BT without buffering. Is that right? And do you still need to have a monthly or annual subscription? Thank you