Fuente water, question for Maura

Started by Rod, July 04, 2016, 09:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod

Well, it went up alot when the new supply came in via the last Mayor so if it goes up by 30% it will be like liquid gold coming out of the taps.

Our supplier is Gestagua and you mention Galasa, so will this make a difference or will it just be a matter of pay up or we cut you off?
I do understand that water is a scarce resource but it comes out continuously and runs into a trough. I do not take it from the pipe it comes out of but from the trough so this is a sustainable source until it stops coming out of the ground.

Maura

- The limit is 25 litres. The rest is called good citizenship which can, and probably should be regulated by an ordenanza. I will look into this. Water is a scare resource in these here parts and running out.
- As for Albox water being the most expensive in Spain, the town halls are currently fighting off an attempt by the Diputacion, the largest stakeholder in Galasa,  to standardize water prices across the Valle del Almanzora and Levante which would result in an estimated 30% increase in water prices for towns like Albox.  I'll be putting something on the blog about that shortly.

hurlez

I remember a few years ago the police were at the Fuentes in Albox and they said 5 large bottles were all that you should take at any one time .
I was also told that the water was for drinking/ cooking and not for watering plants.
I agree that Albox water is very expensive I wonder if it will ever become any cheaper.

Rod

OK Maura, thank you but it does not really answer my question. By what you are saying there is no limit in law? In which case I could take more than 25 ltrs. away at a time and only risk the ire of any passer by. It is very strange as I have not seen anyone else there (besides the van man) on my two visits or when driving by. The water runs continuously so really don't see any problem with taking too much, well 50ltrs or so is all I want at a time.
If you cannot use it to water crops then presumably it is only for drinking which I would not do for the sake of my health.
Also the water from Gestagua for Albox is probably the most expensive water in Spain so just trying to keep my bill down as well.

Maura

I have been informed that the limit is 25 litres at any one time.  As I understand it fuente water is not meant to be used to water crops or gardens.  The limit seems to be a polite convention in Albox rather than a specific ordenanza or rule that will result in a fine if you are caught. More likely to get a telling off from a neighbour which I suspect may be what happened here.  Other towns may have stricter rules.

Maura

I have asked the question and am waiting for a response.

Rod

A local guy who drives around the area in a white van so don't know if he has any authority.

Maura

Hi Rod.... I expect there is a limit. I will find out what it is......who stopped you?

Rod

Rod

Thanks Tandas. I am on the padron and residentia. I was only taking about 70 to 80 ltrs. but maybe this is too much. When we used to go to the Albox one people used to bring cars into the water area and fill up massive containers, no one complained then. Also the water runs continuously so where does it go after leaving the fuente, back into the underground?

tandas

Thought the rules for water from fuente are you must be a local ie on the padron, and there is a limit as to how much each person is allowed to take each time.  Also it is for drinking not gardens.

Rod

Maura, can you answer this question?
I have been stopped from taking water from the Aljambra fuente which I wanted for our garden. I thought it was public water for the use of everyone? If this one in Aljambra is not allowed is the one in Albox OK or not?