Estate Agency Exposure!

Started by MariaCarrilla, September 27, 2018, 16:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

MariaCarrilla

Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone who contacted me, many of you sent to me personal messages where they were concerned about not receiving any viewings on their homes, thus I sent two of the messages to the producer, it was decided to send a solicitor, architect, estate agents to the homes of these people, they were all from out of area, none of them are based in Almeria.  To begin we asked two of the owners  to send in photos of their homes and the conclusion was they needed further investigation, one chap had had his house with many of the Albox Estate Agents who had sent not on person to view the house, this property intrigued us all.   The Estate Agent was highly complimentary about the house stating the only immediate issue was there is no pool but he would advise that above ground pool brochures were on display for viewings, the house has fantastic views and the fact it is a short walk into the town centre he could not understand why there had been no viewings, he also confirmed the price is accurate because it is not near the coast,  we did not give him any of the legal documents at that stage.    The architect and the surveyor could not find any problems with the structure, the were very complimentary about the décor and condition of the home.   We gave the solicitor all the documents the estate agents had insisted on: escritura, habitation licence, copies of the past 10 years IBI bills, we were all stunned when he said  - the house is illegal, to be sold it needs the AFO, he went on to explain the Junta now insist on all houses in the campo have this to prevent any further demolitions and it will cost about 3000 euro.   We called the Estate Agent back in to look at the documents the chap had presented to all the agents, he immediately noted there was no AFO.   One person on this forum said price was important, one chap said it depended on which agent you use and to ensure you secured recommendations etc., they sent a team into Albox who asked the public which estate agents they would recommend, I do not have all the figures but they plan to show it!    The Estate agent final statement, "houses as such we love because our only job is to get the buyers into the door, this house would sell itself because the condition is immaculate and the décor ideal, our job, get them in the door and the house, location and views sell this, rarely am I disappointed when a house sells, our site viewings reduce. BUT if I had a house as such I would advise the vendor to secure the AFO because I could not send any prospective buyers knowing all documents are not in place, it takes a min. of 2 months to secure the AFO! 

Tetley

Beets me what all the fuss is a bought....if people dont like estate agents just sell yer own house on the net....job done.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

mimosas

It's in every Agent's interests to do everything possible to sell a property whether it's good, bad or ugly so stop 'agent bashing' and if you have a property that is not selling then it's probably due to it being overpriced, lacking documentation, location or condition.

Just because you bought it doesn't mean that someone else will love it.

Smiler1234

Well, as the cats out of the proverbial bag now and the bad agents have been subsequently forewarned prior to filming, sadly, we won't get a true reflection of what goes on/has been going on. It's pity,because some of those parasites deserve to be exposed to the world for all to see.

Angleseyite

Quote from: Tetley on September 29, 2018, 09:29:21 AM
Quote from: Angleseyite on September 29, 2018, 08:43:54 AM
Quote from: Tetley on September 29, 2018, 08:38:23 AM
thing is since the reffo vote the local housing market has boomed even with a low exchange rate and you still get a lot of house for your £ and cheaper living.

You're right there Tets, there are several houses in my area that have been bought and sold in the last few yrs and are now selling at 25%+ more than a yr or so back. Can't believe what some people will pay!!! Must be something to do with living the dream :grin:

probably UK  forum members Ang that read our constant" happy with our lot" posts thinking X it im off to spain.....  Ti join em  :))

ps car /bike shows on in mornin   :angel:

https://www.facebook.com/950vehicles/photos/a.186612318446489/541133996327651/?type=3&theater

Think I'll have a trip down there, its bound to be nice and sunny with lots of happy peeps :grin:

Tetley

Quote from: Angleseyite on September 29, 2018, 08:43:54 AM
thing is since the reffo vote the local housing market has boomed even with a low exchange rate and you still get a lot of house for your £ and cheaper living.

You're right there Tets, there are several houses in my area that have been bought and sold in the last few yrs and are now selling at 25%+ more than a yr or so back. Can't believe what some people will pay!!! Must be something to do with living the dream :grin:

probably UK  forum members Ang that read our constant" happy with our lot" posts thinking X it im off to spain.....  Ti join em  :))

ps car /bike shows on in mornin   :angel:

https://www.facebook.com/950vehicles/photos/a.186612318446489/541133996327651/?type=3&theater

Angleseyite

Tetley

PhillipJLloyd

You don't need a tv programme to tell people there are good and bad estate agents, ask around, word of mouth is best recommendation.
Like Tetley says, the correct price sells houses, not What You think it's worth or what an agent tells you .

Rtis

It is not only about Price, We live in a small pueblo with 14 locals left alive, we have had the odd viewing and the first question is are the locals friendly and do any speak English, many people watch the tv programmes, this beautiful house appears with beams etc, maybe a Donkey walking down the street, UTOPIA !!! Until reality hits them! Even Arbiland or ANY area, until one gets near  to Huercal Overa is basic concerning transport!

Tetley

Will anybody be intrested ?

Its not compulsory to use an agent or listen to agents open market values.

Also locally we have plenty of well established local agents that do what they say they do,ie flogg houses.

Personally id be a lot more intrested in the tv team interviewing  mp,s and the pm on how they intend to safe gaurd brit pensioners medical and eu citizenship on the 30 march 2019

Houses flogg themselfs if the price is right.

MariaCarrilla

My friend has just called me and she is going to be working on a TV programme about Estate Agents in Almeria, it surrounds the effects of Brexit, they are investigating all agents inland and coast, 20 reporters have been hired, 10 posing as buyers and the remainder  as sellers, they are English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish and Polish,  some of the properties are currently on the market with agents and they are going to be investigating why the sellers are not having anyone view their homes, I understand one couple have had their house with the agent for 3 years     and have not had one viewing because they cannot afford to drop the price any more, it has been suggested that some of the exceptional properties the estate agents have on their files are not being marketed because they are bringing buyers to the estate agency web site.   The programme is going to follow the reporter to the agencies and they are planning to record what is said, during and after property viewings.   The reporters posing as sellers will ask the agents what price they ought to sell for, I understand there is a very interesting interview with a lady who has just lost her husband and is anxious to return to family in UK, they are also sending in ethical estate agents if there is such a thing  to value the property and check all the documents as some agents were reported as saying there were deed issues   It is going to be aired over Christmas, if I hear any more I will let you all know.