Where to go?

Started by owdoggy, February 01, 2016, 06:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owdoggy

Thank you all for your replies :tiphat: We now have quite a few to go at which should earn me a few brownie points...... enough for a new guitar?...........now that is the question :))

Doggy

Karen4

Doggy if you just look down this post you will get a good choice of places people have recommended, both near and far, expensive and not so much!
Cl3880

jubilado

dianamay

Cartagena is a lovely city to visit plenty of places to eat to suit any budget. May even be a cruise ship in certainly an impressive sight  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

owdoggy

Quote from: Lorraine on February 02, 2016, 14:53:03 PM
Sobores de Miguel on the last Huercal Overa turn off on the motor way. Casa Rural written on the building - excellent food. Best Spanish restaurant we have found.

Thank you Lorraine :tiphat:, that's another one on the list.

Doggy

Jimel

Is it easy to find? What sort of price and do they open for Menu Del Dia? Thank you.

Lorraine

Sobores de Miguel on the last Huercal Overa turn off on the motor way. Casa Rural written on the building - excellent food. Best Spanish restaurant we have found.

owdoggy

Quote from: doreen1 on February 01, 2016, 22:35:49 PM
La Parata, Mojacar. Menu del Dia is very good.
Lovely setting up in the hills, relaxed and tranquil.

Thank you Doreen :tiphat:, we'll give that one a go.

Doggy

owdoggy

Quote from: Tetley on February 01, 2016, 21:24:09 PM
Doggy go and have a coffe in Murcia centre wi Dan and he will show yer round,yell feel like yev escaped after an hour in the big  Murcia apple ,thers some nice shops,cafes its a sort of mini Madrid and its only an hour and 15 mins away.

:thumbsup:

school chucks Out after 2.30 pm  :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H5kqjdGIRc

Cheers Tets, it looks good. We couldn't spend a lot of time up there because we don't like leaving the dogs for too long but worth a trip or two I reckon.

Mind you, it could be a bit dangerous because presumably there are some decent music shops and I don't want to be the first guy in Spain to go to hospital, due to a rather irate wife, to have a Gibson Les Paul Custom removed from where the sun don't shine. :biggrin:

Doggy

doreen1

La Parata, Mojacar. Menu del Dia is very good.
Lovely setting up in the hills, relaxed and tranquil.

Tetley

Doggy go and have a coffe in Murcia centre wi Dan and he will show yer round,yell feel like yev escaped after an hour in the big  Murcia apple ,thers some nice shops,cafes its a sort of mini Madrid and its only an hour and 15 mins away.

:thumbsup:

school chucks Out after 2.30 pm  :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H5kqjdGIRc
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

owdoggy

Having recently had the "We never go anywhere because you just want to spend hours in the studio or on the Playstation....... or just want to get drunk" speech from the boss, and to be brutally honest, I am guilty as charged, we are looking for places to go for a meal.
We prefer going out for lunch rather than dinner (does that make us "Lunchies"?) and enjoy a typical Spanish menu del dia but don't mind what type of restaurant it is. If it's good food who cares what it's called and where it comes from :)

We've been to a few places in the 7 years we've been here (you see, I'm not that bad) but just wondered if any of you good people on here had any fave places that you think we should try.

Cheers me dears.

Doggy
p.s. I've just realised this is a review section so apologies to the mods if this is in the wrong place