Advice please.

Started by Jaxx, January 13, 2013, 09:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaxx

Thanks Jim and Tetley for your advice just advertised it on the forum for 2000 euros Ovno so we will see.breaks my heart really x

Jim1544

, Hi Jaxx, sorry to hear about your husbands illness, you certainly have a predicament on your hands with the Suzuki, Looking at "Bike Trader" in the UK, the bike is probably worth around £2300, thats a dealer price, probably £200 less privately, thats for a low mileage model.  http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/bikes/suzuki/gsx/postcode/cw97qy/radius/1501/cc-from/600cc/maximum-age/up_to_10_years_old/cc-to/600cc/sort/recpriceascdefault/body-type/sports_tourer It will probably cost around 150 to 200 euro's to get it vanned back to the UK to a relatives address(more if its up north or Scotland) to get it Matriculated in Spain you will probably have to get a firm like "Hispavan" on the el real estate to do it, it will need a continental headlamp replacement and ITV at Lorca(importation ITV centre). This is rather expensive as Spain charge a importation tax, based on the value of the vehicle + whatever fee Hispavan charge. If you go down the repatriation route for the bike you must contact the DVLA and explain that the vehicle is to be Imported back to England, not expensive (around 45 quid) it will probably get its old Reg Number back. THEN advertise it as a normal English bike on Bike Trader, whoever is "holding the bike " a relative or friend, will have to arrange MOT test and Tax. and be authorised by you to "Haggle" over the price and arrange viewings. You may, on the other hand ask a UK dealer to buy it off you, but be prepared for a shock, probably offer £1500 or less, Bikes dont sell in winter!!  Sorry to be so blunt, but sometimes the truth of the matter hurts financially.  good luck, regards Jim   P.S. You could offer it for sale Unmatriculated on this forum, but the price must reflect the cost of getting it matriculated, Hispavan, (ask for Leo), will advise of the probable cost. they advertise on this forum.
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

Tetley

To be fair here nothing is selling on brit or sp plates unless its very cheap,suggest try Ebay uk with a classified ad then ask any intrested partys to contact our local UK  lorry & van co,s for a price back to the UK,on your e bay listing put bike in spain and you may get a brit here buying it,ive sold 2 bikes like this here,one went to Saville and the other went to Malaga both sold through Ebay uk, but rember nothing is selling so what ever you have priced up at be ready for daft bids.

i have a 1999 R1  i bought new thats done 1600 miles and a 1999 TLR 1000R that i bought new  thats done 2500 miles on the day there was 14k,s worth of bikes,today there probably worth 4k so they can go in glass cases rather than blow the money in.

good look cheers T  :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Jaxx

My husband bought over his motorbike from the UK ready to have it matriculated here in Spain and enjoy riding it on these fantastic roads.he registered it n the UK as permanently exported.Sadly he is now very ill so will never be able to ride his pride and joy ever again. He never got chance to matriculated it and only rode it once here in Spain.It is a 2004 Suzuki 600 GSX F in fantastic as new condition in a beautiful blue colour.I am at a loss as to what to do with it should i try to sell it here or send it back to the UK to sell.Does anyone know of anyone looking for a bike?any help or guidance appreciated please.