CAR HIRE ALMERIA AIRPORT

Started by dixy, March 06, 2024, 21:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooners

Quote from: Johnny73 on March 09, 2024, 11:19:15 AMCosta Coaches look very good and are well recommended .
Very reasonable even with the full insurance which is well worth the money for peace of mind.
Seem easy to collect from as well.
Our friends are going to book with them , will advise how they get on.
Ive used them many times and it is difficult to get the right car sometimes.
You literally walk 10 steps out the airport and they are by the payment machines and as they already have your details its a few minutes and your off.

OGM

Quote from: Johnny73 on March 09, 2024, 11:19:15 AMCosta Coaches look very good and are well recommended .
Very reasonable even with the full insurance which is well worth the money for peace of mind.

I tried to book with them on a number of occasions, but they never had a car available, always booked up.

Johnny73

Costa Coaches look very good and are well recommended .

JUD

Try Avis , They don't force you to take out extra insurance. they only preload your card with 180 euros, part of which is for a full tank of petrol if you don't return it full, even so they charge the same as the  garage for refuel anyway. Deposit is cancelled when you return the car . You get a print out ( or email ) with all or any damage on the vehicle when you pick it up. They don't charge for minor dents or small scratches. You get and e mail with the cancelled deposit when you drop the car off. The price on line is what you pay no extras, when you work it out it is often cheaper than the so called cheap car hires. If you use them regular they give you a second driver free and a free upgrade, so you can always book the smallest car. If you preregister with your details / licence etc there is no waiting in a queue, the car is ready , priority customers are allowed to go the front of any queue ( if there is one.) You can cancel on-line up to the day of collection or if you prepay  ( which is cheaper still ) can cancel ( in Spain ) the day before. They sometimes drop the price 2 weeks before depending on demand , so just check the website ,cancel the car and rebook the cheaper one or keep the one you have booked.
Even if they do sometimes cost a bit more its worth it for the speed of getting your car and not being p****d about.
Regards from a very cold and wet UK
Jud

dixy

Hi thanks everybody for your replies. We think we will use Europcar & take out our own Extra Excess Insurance which is cheaper than from the hire care company.Have heard many bad things about Goldcar so would definitely not use them. Thanks again.

Gooners

I always avoid goldcar and their 1200 deposits, as I said earlier Costa coches do accept cash for rentals and their excess without extra insurance is 300 euros, even cheaper is get the transfer bus to mojacar and pick up a local motor from their office, but they do tend to run out of motors available.personally i love walking past the goldcar queue at Almeria and jumping in my pre arranged motor, 5 mins max, great service.If only it was not so expensive to fly into Almeria

George Jackson 2

Better tip .... NEVER use Goldcar !!!! They are thieves and the worst car hire company you can deal with.
Tried to say that my card had been declined owing to lack of funds twice .... To force me to take out their insurance.Checked with the credit card company and they had twice reversed the authorisation. Demanded the Hoja de reclamation and only after the Guardia got involved, did it get sorted.
Look at the reviews and make your mind up.
PS .... They now have "Mega" signs on their cars, so that folks don't realise who they are.

steveconway24

Top tip if you use Gold car. As soon as you get the car, turn the floor mats over, if it has them.Put them back the right way up when you take it back.
My brother in law got charged 38€ last year because they were dirty on the cars return. 🙄

Johnny73

Regardless of what they tell you it is so important to have the additional insurance or at least take Excess insurance cover to recover anything you have to pay if damage caused .
Our friend got a car for 64 euro for a week but when side of car was damaged they had to pay 950 to repair .
Pennywise and pound foolish.

OGM

If you use Goldcar, who are normally the cheapest, make sure you check the car over and take lots of pictures, it's not uncommon for them to claim existing damage is new damage and bill you for it. Other option is to use the key and go option, booked and approved in advance, pick your keys up from the machine to avoid the queues. It includes full insurance cover so you could take it back in a wheelbarrow and they can't do jack.

gus-lopez

Quote from: Johnny73 on March 07, 2024, 08:55:08 AMIf you pay cash they will want to hold details of a credit card as their guarantee of payment against anything not covered under the insurance.
Take the extra insurance for peace of mind  and read the conditions .
If you don't upgrade the insurance in the event of any damage it will be a very costly lesson.

The one I used paying cash up here was 300€ deposit for a van & 150€ deposit for a car. That was your total loss if returned damaged.

Johnny73

If you pay cash they will want to hold details of a credit card as their guarantee of payment against anything not covered under the insurance.
Take the extra insurance for peace of mind  and read the conditions .
If you don't upgrade the insurance in the event of any damage it will be a very costly lesson.

Gooners

Costa coches are great, they take all your details beforehand so it takes less than 5 minutes to get in the car. I think they also take cash as well, which may help some who dont have a credit card.And no massive deposit, I thinks its £300 if you dont upgrade the insurance.

dixy

Hi looking for recommendations for a good hire car company at Almeria Airport.

Many thanks