Any idea of obtain copy of will

Started by cg, March 07, 2024, 23:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

Quote from: OGM on March 10, 2024, 08:40:32 AM
Quote from: tandas on March 10, 2024, 08:32:11 AMwe were told that the original will would be held in Madrid and we have a copy.

That's exactly what our solicitor said when he did our will.

Interesting, we used a solicitor in Albox who I wouldn't touch with a bargepole, he caused us a lot of hassle. The will is definitely being picked up at the notary in Albox tomorrow so can only presume that they contacted Madrid and they then sent it on to Albox.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

OGM

Quote from: tandas on March 10, 2024, 08:32:11 AMwe were told that the original will would be held in Madrid and we have a copy.

That's exactly what our solicitor said when he did our will.

tandas

we were told that the original will would be held in Madrid and we have a copy.

Lynne

I wasn't best pleased to be told that after paying 100€ for a will a few years ago, it was not the original that we were given.  I've just been told that the notary keeps the original and my friend had to pay another 100€ to get it from them. I'll find out tomorrow if this is true as mine is being collected.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

gus-lopez

Quote from: Tetley on March 08, 2024, 08:26:01 AM(the will, will be held at the central registry in Madrid but you will need the Tenerife lawyer co contact the registry and then contact the notary who registered the will on tenerife and Maria is well connected  :wink:  )  

We were told when we did our wills the above & that any abogado could ask if they held a will for persons name, nie ,address etc, & request copies.

Tetley

contact Maria Rosa ,

it will cost but she is on the ball and will sort it.

as you will probably need somebody on the Island to pull the strings / speed it up.

▷ Maria Rosa Solano Pérez abogado en Los Cristianos (Tenerife) | ⭐️ Catálogo.Legal (catalogo.legal)

(the will, will be held at the central registry in Madrid but you will need the Tenerife lawyer co contact the registry and then contact the notary who registered the will on tenerife and Maria is well connected  :wink:  )  

Maria Dirección: Edf. Eden, Local, 115- Apart. Correos, 302. 38650 Los Cristianos
Teléfono: 922 752 129

Maria Rosa Solano Pérez es abogado en Los Cristianos (Los Cristianos) Rosa Solano Pérez es abogado en Los Cristianos

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

cg

Wonder if anyone has any idea on  how to obtain a copy of a will.

My now deceased wife Allegedly made a will many years ago in Tenerife
having spoken to her ex husband he confirms he made a will but his then the wife didn't.

However Tenerife has said she did.
here comes the problem for 3 years my Solicitor has requested a copy of the Will both via the Notary in both Albox and vera yet still nothing from Tenerife.

as thing stand the life insurance company will not pay out till I am able to lodge a no will claim

Anyone who know how to get hold of it would be grateful.
Thank you for reading this