Wind turbine for electricity generation

Started by OGM, March 09, 2024, 19:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OGM

Quote from: Elgin on March 10, 2024, 11:52:22 AMI didn't bother.  Appart from days like today the wind around here tends to die down when the sun goes down.  Moreover, from what I have seen of smaller ones they don't tend to last very long.  With solar panels relatively cheap if you want more power just get more panels.

Well thanks for that, but given you have never fitted a wind turbine and don't have any actual experience that I was asking about, not really any help. You live in a totally different area to me and we do get reasonable wind speed in an evening which is capable of spinning up the new, small, modern wind turbines. I don't have any space left on the  roof for more panels and as they don't work at night, not really an option. But thanks anyway.

Elgin

I didn't bother.  Appart from days like today the wind around here tends to die down when the sun goes down.  Moreover, from what I have seen of smaller ones they don't tend to last very long.  With solar panels relatively cheap if you want more power just get more panels.

OGM

Does anyone have any experience adding a wind turbine to a solar panel setup? Looking at some of the small reasonably priced kits available, producing circa 4-500 watts, I'm thinking it would be a nice edition to charging the batteries after the sun goes down.