Oh the irony Mr. Mayor

Started by Maura, October 19, 2017, 19:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nibbler

Thank you Dick,apology accepted. :72:
Nibbler

DerickOldfield

Nibbler

I did not read your posting as you meant it so I offer you my apologies - publicly

raysun

Maura, dont for a second let one persons opinion make up your mind about contintuing as a councillor.
he or she should know better as an ex schoolteacer than to make off the cuff comments like that.
we wish you all the best in the future and thank you for the wonderful work you have done in the past.
as with another man in arboleas  it seems eaten bread is soon forgotten.
kind regards

Maura

A. Willis,
As DerickOldfield rightly states if it was not for people like me and other members of AUAN your friends would have no AFOs to apply for.  

And you are guessing and are wrong with regard to your friends and their AFOS. The issuance of an AFO is an administrative process which will not be interrupted by recent events. I usually only get involved in the process when someone asks me to investigate a perceived delay. As I am still a councillor I can still do that if people get in touch.  

As for not voting for me as a councillor ever again I would like to thank you for helping me to make up my mind so that I can now tell you with certainty that you will not be given the opportunity to do so  :)  

nibbler

Derek.
If you either adjust your glasses or learn to read the written word you will see that the only comment I made was why elect him? Maura answered the question, end of my interest. It's comments like your's that start to cause ill feeling on here.
Nibbler.

sallyb

It's a common trait in Spain, and as for the mayor telling the press he sacked his deputy for calling him a dictator, what does he call someone who after his council has voted, decides to do hat he want anyway, is that not a dictator?
Phyll

raysun

Derick,     mayors doing things without agreements of his councillors.
never !!     Hard to believe.??

DerickOldfield

A Willis & Nibbler

Having your read your disagreement with the actions of those councillors that have resigned their posts because of their conscience's
I would assume that you may consider putting your names forward to become councillors ?
It would appear that your main interest was to get your A F O's  and not really all the other items that councillors get involved in.

May I just remind you that if it was not for MAURA  and her tenacity you would not now be in the position to get your A F O. She has worked herself to the ground to make that all possible so please think before you speak.

As regards to you not voting for those people again, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to, if you are British, as that privilege will be denied you after Brexit.

Spanish mayors have not always complied with the law and have been known to do things without agreement of fellow member councillors

Rod

No difference with the application for an AFO. We have been in to see Jo Tissington and she has talked us through the process.

A.Willis

I had to sign up to say this.
I agree with the post above, any halfway decent councillor should not resign, they have deserted the town when we needed them the most.
We voted the PSOE to run the town hall and clear up the mess that other corrupted mayors and councillors have left behind. These councillors have failed at their job and left us with a Mayor that can't run the town on his own, however good or bad he does.

I have many friends in the area who are just about to start applying for their AFO`s, as they wish to legalise their properties, I'm guessing and I may be wrong. This is not going to be so easy now with all the councillors not at their posts. It has taken so long for the Town hall to sort out the property problems, just for the problems to start again.

Also as an ex-teacher and you are wrong, a headmaster doesn't have overall say within his or her school. They have to follow the strict guidelines and rules set by the school board, local council and they must always take in the consideration of the parents and even the students, a little like a Mayor.
We didn't vote for this Mayor, but we did vote for the councillors, now they have resigned and left a mess. My question is "Who is going to clear it up?"

Never going to vote for these councillors again.

Ann Willis
P.s. I hated the headmaster in my school for the 12 years I worked for him, I stayed in my job no matter what, because I had to protect and look after the children in the school.

Maura

He seemed to be the best candidate at the time and he certainly started out well but when you start ignoring the rules .....

nibbler

If he is so bad, why did the councillors elect him?
Nibbler

Maura

Hi geoffs,
If you are a halfway decent councillor you cannot take the decision to put up with a bad boss because you have a family to support. Therein lies the road to becoming corrupt. Your job is to try to the best of your ability to ensure that the council operates within the law. Even if that costs you your job.

Unlike a school environment a town hall is heavily regulated to ensure that no one person calls all the shots so much of the decision making power will transfer back to the council plenums where all councillors will have oversight and can vote for or against all major decisions.

As for replacing the Mayor, it is legally possible to do so but not likely at the moment in my view. This term of office has been a tumultuous one leaving a fractured and divided council with no clear candidate for a possible 4th Mayor.

geoffs

We did not elect the mayor, the councillors did. When the going got tough they bailed! I have worked with bosses like the mayor, I could not 'cut and run' mainly because I had a family to support. Am I the only person to think they should of stayed and worked on him! And if they really couldn't  change him there must be some way of removing him from office with a vote of confidence.

Tetley

Quote from: Rod on October 20, 2017, 11:22:25 AM
A teacher he may be but to be a good Mayor he must be able to accept criticism without throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I think Rod he is an Administrator, also running a school is probably a realy good grounding for running a small council

if the Pantomime we have had on here over the past weeks is anything to go by......
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Rod

A teacher he may be but to be a good Mayor he must be able to accept criticism without throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Tetley

He ran a large school and staff for years,so he should have no problem with a lack of councillors or people on the naught step  (  rye smile )

we always found him a very streight chap to deal with,he also helped & guided a lot of kids including Mine to compleat there full spanish education.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

doreen1

Maura