What the hell was that????? UFO?

Started by bigtallgeezer, August 03, 2012, 23:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King saint 76

I saw a huge UFO hovering above my house this morning - it was a bright yellow sphere, that emitted a strange warmth for a few seconds, and then disappeared into the clouds.

The wife reckoned it was the sun; but I've never heard anything so ridiculous

bigtallgeezer

Quote from: saint 76 on August 07, 2012, 10:18:45 AM
Quote from: roboman on August 06, 2012, 20:31:02 PM
UFO,s don,t make any noise

That is quite correct roboman, they are also completely invisible !!!!

Any more of that kind of talk Saint and I'll take the foil off my head and signal my mates to vaporise you and beam your dust into a pozo!

See you tonight unless you're dust or I'm busy being probed..... :crazy:

:tiphat:
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

King saint 76

Quote from: roboman on August 06, 2012, 20:31:02 PM
UFO,s don,t make any noise

That is quite correct roboman, they are also completely invisible !!!!

roboman

Illegitimi non carbonundrum

bigtallgeezer

Quote from: Pokerman on August 06, 2012, 16:13:25 PM
I've seen some amazing sights in the sky while I've lived here, but as low as you are saying...there should have been some kind of noise no matter what it was!!!!! Ooooooooo :o

I know.....I wasn't surprised I didn't hear it coming, a bit of engine and wind noise etc, but when it went over.....nothing. Looking forward to the meteor shower, sunbeds and late night beer on standy  ;)

Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

jimmybeen

The 12th to the 14th of August should give us all a good view of shooting stars as we are going through some old comet tail. 

Pokerman

I've seen some amazing sights in the sky while I've lived here, but as low as you are saying...there should have been some kind of noise no matter what it was!!!!! Ooooooooo :o

PuffTheMagicDragon

Last year, aliens landed in our village and abducted me. :o
They brought me back pretty quick though.........Apparently they were looking for 'intelligent' life forms :head

Puff

finn

two pints of whatever they are having please

sparkiemike

:wave

probably a dodgy mayor running from the gaurdia

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mike

Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

Mrs BTG

Quote from: jill cockfield on August 04, 2012, 14:24:37 PM
Taberno fiesta last night!!!

You may have explained it! The light thingy was travelling in the general direction of Taberno from behind us as we were traveelling from Albox, so whatever it was could just have been in a hurry to get there ;)

Seriously though....this was a very weird thing, going waaaaaay too fast to be anything but a low flying highly illuminated (all over) jet plane or whatever, but with no noise whatsoever, and it did go directly over our car away from us!
:crazy: :tiphat:

Optomist

Quote from: CT on August 04, 2012, 15:51:10 PM
Fred: And Emperor Hirohito described the Second World War as ''an unfortunate accident'' :notopic:

Yea but i think he was using Google translate at the time  :lol:
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

CT

Fred: And Emperor Hirohito described the Second World War as ''an unfortunate accident'' :notopic:

jill cockfield

shadeseeker

I also saw what I thought ( at the time ) to be a shooting star but it was much brighter than the shooting stars I have seen in the past. This was about 11.45 pm ish ,15 mins either way. I was in my garden looking for the dog.I live in the Aljambra area and it was in the sky towards Taberno.
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

smiling453

My wife and I were walking our dog on the rambla late last night (about the time you indicate) and both saw the 'thing' which we assumed was a shooting star but we did comment that its speed and path were a little off ! It was travelling from the east south east towards west north west, we are near Tijola (so it had nothing to do with Taberno) the speed was difficult to estimate but faster than any plane Iv'e ever seen, and no noise as you said.
Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life

carlos1940

Quote from: bigtallgeezer on August 03, 2012, 23:30:42 PM
Oki doki....I am no nutter (although the missus may disagree from time to time!) but as I just drove home from Albox in the general direction of Taberno, something very bright white and triangle shaped went whizzing over our car at a ridiculously high speed. We had a window open on account of the heat and heard nothing. I have no idea whatsoever what it was and I was a military man for 8 years. Luckily my other half saw it as well, so knows I didn't make it up!!
I would estimate the altitude of whatever it was at between 300 and 500 feet.
My question is this....did anyone else happen to be outside, say 15 minutes ago and see anything that made them think, 'what the hell was that'?

Wow! What a pity you didn't manage to get a photo on your phone. I would love to have seen whatever it was. I am not a UFO fanatic, but I de blieve that there is "something out there"

The Sheriff ILLIA.

Les,

I think you had a lucky escape - nearly those same words - but a bit stronger  -  are what the Mayor of Hiroshima uttered  June ? 1946 
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

fredup

Quote from: bigtallgeezer on August 03, 2012, 23:30:42 PM
Oki doki....I am no nutter (although the missus may disagree from time to time!) but as I just drove home from Albox in the general direction of Taberno, something very bright white and triangle shaped went whizzing over our car at a ridiculously high speed. We had a window open on account of the heat and heard nothing. I have no idea whatsoever what it was and I was a military man for 8 years. Luckily my other half saw it as well, so knows I didn't make it up!!
My question is this....did anyone else happen to be outside, say 15 minutes ago and see anything that made them think, 'what the hell was that'?

Probably Arboleas health & safety night testing the rides ready for the Arboleas fiesta  :alien:

bigtallgeezer