Good Authers

Started by Chris485, August 26, 2015, 10:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs Jarick

Try Scott Mariani (Ben Hope series) also Chris Kuzneski and my favourite James Rollins. Good detective Peter James (Roy Grace series ). Richard & Jackie

sallyb

If you read Stig Larssons books eg. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo the part written 4th book has now been finished by David Lagercrantz, The Girl in the spiders web, has just been released. If it's half as good as the others worth a punt.
Phyll

sallyb

Jack teachers new book is out early September, you can pre order on Amazon
Phyll

Spadge

I find Steven Leather, John Connolly, Michael Connelly, interestingly entertaining. They write in the same American vein.  ;)

G and T

Can recommend the Shardlake novels by C J Samson. English historical murder mysteries set in the times of Henry VIII, well worth reading.

Richard.

Monty1

I'm a massve Lee Child fan, next Jack Reacher is due out very soon, but try Gabriel Allon series by Daniel Silva and Alex Hawke series by Ted Bell both very good.

Chris485

Just started a Simon Kernick - very good. Thanks Hank. Also thanks for all the other suggestions.
Chris
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

felipe

Yeah, read all of Scarrow´s books very good storylines.

dude

Currently enjoying Simon Scarrow who wites historical novels. Mainly roman era but also a series of 4 books revolving around the careers of Napolean and Duke of Wellington.

Cuddlybill

C J Box is quite good.  Just stared Twisted by Andrew Kaufmann (a cheapie Kindle Deal) which I am having to ration, otherwise no meals in our house  :lol:)
Richard North Patterson is another interesting read.  Enjoy Karen
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

hank

Lee Child's publishers usually issue a new Jack Reacher novel each September.
If I had to live my life over, I'd live it over a pub.

Windows was unable to locate the requested file. Would you like a glass of wine instead?

felipe

David Baldacci. Fantastic author. Start with the Camel Club series. He also writes stand alone novels as well as using the same characters in his serial books.

The John Puller series is especially good.

hank

Chris. Try these. David Baldacci, Greg Hurwitz, Simon Kernick. All great authors. I'm sure you'll like these, judging by the ones you listed.
Actually, at the minute, I'm looking for something with a bit of humour in it. A bit like the old Tom Sharpe books or the No 1 African Detective Agency....Any recommendations? Hank
If I had to live my life over, I'd live it over a pub.

Windows was unable to locate the requested file. Would you like a glass of wine instead?

Chris485

I have just finished all the Harry Bosch, Will Roby, John Puller and Jack Reacher books. Anyone got any recommendations of Authers who write the same sort of stuff, ie American deceive, secret service etc?
Chris
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese