England/world cup

Started by Karen4, July 06, 2018, 07:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angleseyite

Quote from: Hogs on July 09, 2018, 00:02:01 AM
Angleseyite

Ok I'll come out to play if you can fix up a Game between Columbia and this lot !  

https://www.facebook.com/ghsni/videos/1777662938970179/

Oh the Beautiful Game !

You'll have to get in the queue, I wouldn't mind being in the team. You'll have to man up to play in the girls team though :grin:

webejamin

Yep, well done England. Didn't it make a nice change to see a perfectly clean match. Well done to Sweden too. :smiley:

Angleseyite

Quote from: Lizzie1201 on July 07, 2018, 16:53:36 PM
Well done England. Bloody well done boys.

Wonderful :cheesy:, all the doubter's come out and celebrate with the rest of us, we'll make you welcome, of a sort!!!! :grin:

Lizzie1201

Well done England. Bloody well done boys.

raysun

2 nil.  No doom and gloom now !!

raysun

Webejamin , remember 1988 this month and check the football result ireland v england.

webejamin

Come on England, doing well so far :smiley:

raysun

England ahead , so much for the doom and gloom squad.
Might even win the cup !!!
As for the pillock who said only england can play football , what can i say thats acceptable here.
Not a lot.
Silly man !!!

doreen1

Byrney, there are two teams on the island of Ireland, and yes Webejamin as soon as we( The Republic of Ireland ) get a decent team we might get somewhere. Bring back the days of Pope Jack 😔

webejamin

Quote from: byrney on July 06, 2018, 21:35:14 PM
Shame we weren't joined in the competition by our partners - Scots, Welsh, Irish eh Karen?
Maybe in time byrney, when they learn how to play football  :wink:

Come on England :grin:

Karen4

Cl3880

byrney

Shame we weren't joined in the competition by our partners - Scots, Welsh, Irish eh Karen?

Lizzie1201

Totally agree with you webe👍 come on England 👍👍

webejamin

Come on England :grin: I shall still be happy even if we lose, it's being in it that's great :grin:

Karen4

Good for you! Unfortunately there's a lot of negative people around, best to ignore them and keep sending the positive thoughts in the right direction!
Cl3880

Angleseyite

Quote from: Karen4 on July 06, 2018, 17:35:31 PM
Well let's just hope it's a win for England against Sweden tomorrow, 8)

You would think everyone would be as positive :grin:, yes I think England will do it, or I certainly hope they will, my positivity will be winging its way to the team for tomorrow :wink:

Karen4

Well let's just hope it's a win for England against Sweden tomorrow, 8)
Cl3880

Jimel

gingernut

Trust someone to bring the EU into it.😉

doreen1

I would actually say there is not an English football supporter who give a sh1t what any other nation thinks of their team at the moment.
For goodness sake let the competition continue and will the English haters, although predictable 🤐

I really think if more people exercised their butt instead of their fingers they would be better off mentally and physically.....lol.

Also, as my English husband has just said to me, why shouldn't England sing GSTQ??????

nibbler

Come on Hogs, you and me have seen just as bad or even worse behaviour on A Sunday afternoon in the Summer after everyone's been over indulging on the sauce. You can't blame it all on football. This from someone who is not really a footie fan.

Nibbler

guest14507

Karen. Try going to Glasgow/Cardiff or Belfast and asking people if they are British. 99.9% of the answers will be no. ( Can't include Edinburgh in this as most of the people living there are English, so I am told).
The problem, as I understood it was, that Scotland, Wales and N Ireland all had ambitions of staging the World Cup in their respective countries, quite how any of them thought they would pay for it, was never discussed.

felipe

[quote author=lmj52 link=topic=122506.msg679285#msg679285 date=1530868385

Oh and why do the English sing the GB anthem. The other countries sing their own. About time England got its own.
I was told off the other day for singing the “English “ anthem.
[/quote]
This is something that should have been introduced decades ago.

lmj52

Always happens. It's like when people who represent GB win a medal. If it's a Welsh, Scottish or Irish person they are British, but if it's an English person they say they are English not GB.
Oh and why do the English sing the GB anthem. The other countries sing their own. About time England got its own.
I was told off the other day for singing the "English " anthem.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

felipe

What grates on me even more is on the BBC just now they introduced a guy living in the States about where he will watch the match as British!!! He is ENGLISH. Is the guy was a Scot, Welsh or Irish he would have been introduced as such. So why is it that we English cannot be called English. We are a separate nation to the other HOME countries. The UK is NOT a country it is in effect a state made up of 4 countries.

There would be uproar if an UK team was forced by FIFA. Particularly from the Scots! :)

webejamin

I think it's all down to each country. They all developed their own FA so they could be seen as still an individual country within the UK.
I think also, that as a UK team and going by history, we would always do far better than just England (other than 66 of course).
When you think of the likes of Best and a few others, we could have cleaned up.
At the end of the day, England always do better than Wales, Scotland and NI in the world cup, so the English FA want to leave it as it is.

It's a game people, just a game.

Angleseyite

Quote from: Hogs on July 06, 2018, 09:15:37 AM
Interestingly in a post on this Forum recently the members not overly inclined to jump up and down in group induced hysterior over the England Footy Team were advised to hold their heads in shame for not getting behind 'our boys' !

I refrained from a reply then but I cannot hold my fire now!

ALL ENGLAND SUPPORTERS SHOULD HOLD THEIR HEADS IN SHAME !!!

No matter how much your 'Beautiful Game' is it cannot justify this !

https://www.facebook.com/zoey.l.johansson/posts/10160484943735175?comment_id=206756319977295&notif_id=1530864277051379&notif_t=feed_comment

https://youtu.be/Kg7CihrxkDM

Sorry do pee on your party but I'd love to hear how this mindless moronic behaviour is acceptable !

No one in their right mind would find this behaviour acceptable. Its a disgrace .
The England football players are not to blame for all the moronic behaviour of these so called fans... Idiots in my mind.
The England team should be congratulated on the current success and hopefully make it through to the semi's.
My point was that England were being dismissed by so called Englishmen before they had kicked a ball in this event. But if football is not your bag, then so be it!!!!

PhillipJLloyd

Quote from: Hogs on July 06, 2018, 09:15:37 AM
Interestingly in a post on this Forum recently the members not overly inclined to jump up and down in group induced hysterior over the England Footy Team were advised to hold their heads in shame for not getting behind 'our boys' !

I refrained from a reply then but I cannot hold my fire now!

ALL ENGLAND SUPPORTERS SHOULD HOLD THEIR HEADS IN SHAME !!!

No matter how much your 'Beautiful Game' is it cannot justify this !

https://www.facebook.com/zoey.l.johansson/posts/10160484943735175?comment_id=206756319977295&notif_id=1530864277051379&notif_t=feed_comment

https://youtu.be/Kg7CihrxkDM

Sorry do pee on your party but I'd love to hear how this mindless moronic behaviour is acceptable !

Only 1 word. Idiots.

PhillipJLloyd

What are England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland then ??

Karen4

If it's not, then why is it leaving the EU en masse? Why is GB a country in the Olympics? Leaving out NI of course, who actually compete with GB....gets too complicated for me!  :laugh:
Cl3880

PhillipJLloyd

Is the uk a country. ??
Perhaps go 1 step further and have an EU team ??

Karen4

Indeed, we seem to be a bit better at rugby!  :cheesy:
Cl3880

Karen4

I don't know a lot about it but it seems daft to me, and even more stupid that it's allowed by FIFA or whoever is in charge. The UK is one country and sport is one area where we might be seen to be pulling together instead of pulling apart! Mind you, I'm not sure how anyone would be satisfied with the balance of players if a national team existed, no doubt there would always be some who complained that there were too many players from England, too few form wherever, etc. Can't please everyone!  :smiley:
Cl3880

Karen4

I was reading an article recently bemoaning the "anti-England" attitude during the current world cup, especially from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. All this "anti-England" nonsense should have been avoided in the first place by the team from the UK being just that, a UK team. There is no rhyme nor reason for there to be 4 potential teams for the world cup from just one country, it's ridiculous! How do they get away with it? Even the Olympics get it wrong...Team GB? Rubbish, it's actually Team UK given that there are athletes from Northern Ireland in the team, and NI is part of the UK. Perhaps this manifestation of arrogance goes some way to explain the lack of love for England that seems to be around...even if it's not a very sporting approach!
Cl3880