ALBOX: Where is the ALSA bus stop for buses to Almeria?

Started by almendras, October 22, 2018, 08:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

almendras

I'm going to venture out early tomorrow to see this elusive bus and where it stops so there aren't any surprises for me on Friday morning.

Thanks again for your help! :)

Rtis

The school stop certainly goes to Granada via Seron, Baza etc, the stop at Correos would appear to be the "right" one ?

almendras

Thanks, Rtis!  So it sounds like I mustn't wait at the bus stop which is in front of the school, but rather across the street at the Correos instead. 

Rtis

Alsa stops at the post office before going down into the high street if that is any help, opposite, near the school is the bus to Granada .

almendras

I've just relocated to Albox and I have seen various bus stops around the town, but none with a schedule or any other identifying information.

I need to head down to Almeria on Friday morning (Oct 26)  and am wondering where to catch the ALSA bus?  I'm not headed to the airport, just to the city centre.

The ALSA website says the bus stop is in Plaza San Francisco, but I see no bus stop in that plaza at all, nor anywhere that a bus could actually stop to load/unload passengers (without blocking the street, of course).  It looks like the map marker is where the rubbish bins are.

If there are any alternative ways of getting to Almeria, I would be interested in knowing that too.  In my former pueblo of Purchena for example, there was a man who drove every morning to Almeria for a flat fee.  Not sure if there is a similar private transportation system in Albox?

Thanks one and all for your assistance!  :)