Main Menu

Vacancy at ManU

Started by Dunedin, December 18, 2018, 09:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggin

Ole gets the job full time

Ole has signed a three year contract with Man U  hopefully their good form will continue under him

Biggin

Well it had to happen at some point and with 12 games unbeaten in the premier league it was unlucky 13 for Ole, I must say I can accept that as the performance after a slow start was good , but we were just not clinical enough Lakuku should have scored when it was 0-0 but hit it into ground it shot up and hit the bar and away to safety Arsenal took the lead with a rasping shot that took a real swerve with De Gea going the wrong way . Fred hit the post with goalkeeper beaten and it went out for a bye kick.
2nd Half saw Man play much better making chances but not taking them with Arsenal playing on the break and on one of these Lacazette took a dive  penalty kick game over however Untd kept trying but to no avail

Dunedin

Even a fool like Trump would be able to pick the new full time ManU Manager. :laugh:

Biggin

Eight wins in a row for Ole I think they should just give him the Job. United playing with much more freedom great to see the old United back , yes they will lose at some point but as long as they are playing this brand of Football we can live with it

Dunedin

Soiskjaer says he wants to stay on at ManU as their permanent manager. He is only the second manager in the club history to win his first 4 matches since taking over. The other was Matt Busby in 1946.

Biggin

Solskjaer it is rumoured is to be the interim Manager , cant say I am happy about that he could not hack it at Cardiff I don't see it being any different here I hope I am wrong

He seems to be doing okay with Molde FC  but the Premiership is a different animal, and what happens when Molde's season re-opens in March????
[/quote]

Well if his first game is anything to go by I am happy to say I was wrong as in my quote above, good fast attacking football, and yes it was Cardiff but they have been quite strong at home, but I have to say I was impressed more work and continued improvement and I think top 4 is achievable ::) :))

Dunedin

I think ManU have to accept that the damage is done for this year and accept the fact that if they finish in the top 4 they will be lucky. To be honest, I never rated Mourinho as high he rates himself. I feel his success was the result of clubs that had spent time with had plenty of money to spend and he was happy to spend it to glorify his CV and his self importance. 8)

Biggin

So Solskjaer has been confirmed until the end of the season and I hear another ex Man U person is to assist that being Mike Phelan , which makes me feel a bit better lots of experience there.
I just hope they don't wait until the summer before announcing the new Manager the idea would be get someone before the end of the season , that would give them time to see the team and to form their own opinion as to who they might want to bring in.

That however could be difficult if its Pochettino ::) ::)

watch this space Pochettino  and Kane at Man U next seson ::) ::) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Biggin

Are Untd about to make another big mistake

Solskjaer it is rumoured is to be the interim Manager , cant say I am happy about that he could not hack it at Cardiff I don't see it being any different here I hope I am wrong

He seems to be doing okay with Molde FC  but the Premiership is a different animal, and what happens when Molde's season re-opens in March????

Biggin

Quote from: felipe on December 18, 2018, 11:35:12 AM
When they first signed him I said he would last 2 years. Well it is 2 and half years. Not stayed in any job more than this. Being a bit cynical he get millions after he gets sacked and builds his slush fund.

When he was appointed he was not my choice , and I have to agree with you Felipe I think he will pocket about 24 million this time around not bad for being a failure.

I will be surprised if there are any big clubs rush to sign him in the future

felipe

When they first signed him I said he would last 2 years. Well it is 2 and half years. Not stayed in any job more than this. Being a bit cynical he get millions after he gets sacked and builds his slush fund.

Biggin

It Appears that they are going to appoint a Caretaker Manager until the end of the season so no rush job in filling the Vacancy which I think is a good policy as it is important they get the right man.
This season is already dead so the only thing required is good performances and comfortably stay in the league and of course a cup win is not out of the question

Biggin

Manchester United sack Jose Mourinho after humiliating Liverpool defeat

Am I glad to see that now get in a good Manager and lets see what current players can do and then if needed the Transfer window in January.

First Priority has to be Defence and Midfield

Dunedin

ManU have sacked Mourino after a stream of poor performances. As suspected the players have been trying to work him out.