Basura Bills from 2011.

Started by JUD, February 28, 2024, 09:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

yes watch your banking lol

my friend had 1k taken by the state ......it was an NIE number mix up ,ie some herbert entered the wrong number into the system ......his

it took him 2 years to get the money back plus the fees ....

this is why people only keep min amounts in spain in the banks as the funds are instant access for the government ..... ::)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

JUD

Thanks Tetley, good idea. I will keep a close eye on the account.
Although with the forecast of more snow / wind/ rain around the Pennines I may just use the excuse to return to the sun.
Regards .
Jud

Tetley

even if you stopped the direct deb  until its sorted the late fee is only peanuts  per 1/4 ie approx 5 % of 36e ,this will just save you the trip and then you can sort it once your here.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

JUD

Thanks everyone for the useful info.
Unfortunately I am not back out until May ( unless of course they take more cash ) if so, I will be on the next flight out.
Regards.
Jud

Penhallow

When we sold our house we found that we had never paid any basura , we thought it was included in the IBI , 25 years , went into Albox and they told us we would have to pay for the last 4 years .

steveconway24

Johnny73

We had Bazura bills from 10 years ago. They billed us for a full year.
Fortunately we had receipts and took them to office in Albox and kept copies and that was the last we heard.
We did not pay by DD luckily.
Think this is a bit iffy !!!

Tetley

not if the bill was issued and in the system i think they have 15 years or more to collect.

jud you take it back though your  bank account

also for anybody that is new or  does not know ,

if a government dept issues a bill against your nie....

the money becomes due...even if you dont owe it .....

because you are seen to agree buy not contesting the bill ......

which can be  quite difficult ....if you never received the bill in the first place within the administrative appeal period 

which is another reason why  just to hold your house hold bill money in  spanish banks .....and the rest outside .

Elgin

They are not allowed to go back to 2011!  The limit on back taxes is 4 or 5 years

JUD

Tets , do you have the on line website , is it the Diputaction de Almeria , then create an account .
Ta
Jud

JUD

Thanks Steve , back in the UK at the moment. The annoying things is they just took the first payment without warning ,  it was only when I went to the town hall that I new about the second one .
Thanks JUd.

steveconway24

I'd go to the office like Tets says. They could be the first 2 of many if there is a duplicate bill for your house.

JUD

Thanks for the updates.  will have a look on line as Tets says to see if its worth the efforts.
Jud. 

Angleseyite

Jud, I personally wouldn't bother for 70€, it wouldn't be worth my time and effort, but just keep an eye on things...

Tetley

you can take the money back electronically i think with 10days ,then just take an interpreter with you to the office next to Albox dia to sort it or they will sort it for you.

JUD

I have had 2 deductions from my bank account for non payment of Basura from 2011. I have checked with Diputacion de Almeria via my local town hall to make sure they are genuine.

I still have the receipts from that year showing they have been paid.

Question , Who do I contact to get the money back , is it worth the effort for 70 eur ?

Thanks in anticipation.
Regards to all.
Jud.