Teleprensa maligns Brits

Started by Titch, September 03, 2009, 09:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenox

Numbers and democracy.
We're all Europeans.
There's every chance of change and improvement if we are prepared to count ourselves as citizens of a town and not guests.

knowall

The Berlin wall was once looked to be an immovable object, but politics is about what can be achieved, not what cannot.
If one can't move for fear, one has already lost.

casablanca

knowall

People who can only see one way forward could have tunnel vision.

reader

Teleprensa hits back!
http://www.davidjackson.info/2009/spat-between-auan-and-teleprensa-es.htm
"La Comunidad Británica no ha aceptado de buen grado que se ponga en duda su papel de víctimas como única versión de lo ocurrido en El Almanzora, pero los constantes ataques en medios de comunicación de habla inglesa también han colmado la paciencia de los nativos de la zona, que no entienden por qué las actividades de unos pocos empiezan a poner en peligro su futuro como zona de expansión reglada y con todas las garantías."

says teleprensa. Roughly:

(The Brits have not gracefully accepted that their version of events, in which they are victims, be challenged, but the constant attacks in English language media has snapped the patience of locals in the area, who do not understand why the acts of a few must put the future growth, regulated and with all guarantees, of the area at risk)

reader

reader

Teleprensa gets quite a bit of advertising money off the Diputacion (his wife's a member) so anything remotely political needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Slimboyfat

I am one of the many people who had to pay for part of my house purchase using black money.  We had a real ding dong with the developer as they wanted a much larger proportion to be paid in cash than I was prepared to part with.  I wish to heaven now that I'd stuck my principles of doing it all legitimately or dropped out of the sale but there you go.  You live and learn.

The only sensible statement in the article comes at the end where they hilight the fact that Spanish justice is ..... "slow!?".

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. — Martin Luther King Jr., civil rights leader

Titch

Hi Grumpy Gringo

It would be better to have written 'personal care' instead of 'nursing care'. However the press seem to mitigate the crimes of urban abuse,fraud, lies, bribery and corruption by blaming us and diverting interest to something else like healthcare.  The Spanish, if they believe that we are here for free health care, are bound to feel resentful.  Lies (options) told in a newspaper are sure to be passed on.

Titch

The Teleprensa article was anonymous!!!!  Anything to sell a newspaper.

galeras1

It`s not that long ago that you could not buy a property unless a certain ammount was paid in the black.  Probably still is.

Grumpy Gringo

Titch, You are slightly off track re nursing care in Spanish hospitals. I have had first hand experience of the Spanish health system - Top Notch. The things family are expected to do is the personal care such as washing etc. This is because the Spanish families look after one another, always have done and always will do. There is, however one thing that lets the system down - administration - they could not organise a **** up in a brewery!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okey Dokey I`m all done.
PS: I am in no way supprting the views of Teleprensa, or any other Spanish outfit who are trying to grind us down.

Titch

Have you seen this article written by Teleprensa ?  It s a reaction against the TV programme on Cantoria.  The Cantoria residents must be seething but it shows a complete lack of understanding of the plight of all those with illegal houses.  It seeks to mitigate the crimes of urban abuse, lies and corruption by politicians, developers, lawyers and notaries, by tarring us ordinary law abiding Brits, with the same brush.

I know of no-one who has paid 'black money'.  Black money would really only benefit the seller -the buyer could get clobbered for more capital gains in the future.

The houses certainly weren't cheap. We got more for our money than on the coast but that is normal way of things. Prices depend on Location, Location etc.

11,000 residents in the Almanzora Valley wouldn't KNOWINGLY risk their life-savings on an illegal house.

Britain has the NHS which for all its faults give nursing care and doesn't leave it up to relatives.  The Spanish press like to stir things up by saying that we come here just for free healthcare. Don't they realise its a reciprocal arrangement.

See translation below and original Spanish:

Strong attack by the British community in Cantoria on Spanish authorities about the issue of illegal houses. 

Teleprensa .- British broadcasters continue to subscribe to a one sided view on the issue of illegal homes built in the Almanzora Valley, as in other areas of the Costa del Sol or Valencia.

This time it is a two-part documentary made by the London production company ITV for a national TV channel. The report provides an overview of the conflict from the perspective of the British community, brushing aside any hint of involvement by them in 'black money' payments to avoid Spanish tax.

The protagonists of this new series are elderly residents of Cantoria, who tell of their particular disappointment with their so called paradise, describing extreme situations that, although true, hide other important truths such as the knowledge that the buyers were buying homes on non urbanized land, payments made in 'black money' and other practices whose sole aim was to get very cheap housing and residence in a place near a public hospital with access to free health services.

Stories such as this latest attack on Cantoria are encouraged by the slowness of the judicial and administrative processes against illegal housing as the promoters, politicians or municipal technicians involved have only spent enough time in jail to deposit millions in bail.

TELEPRENSA.- Las televisiones británicas siguen abonadas a una visión parcial del caso de las viviendas ilegales construidas en el Valle del Almanzora, como en otros lugares de la Costa del Sol o la Comunidad de Valencia. En esta ocasión se trata de una miniserie de dos capítulos realizada por la productora londinense ITV para una cadena de televisión nacional. En el reportaje se hace una visión del conflicto desde la visión de la comunidad británica, dejando de lado cualquier indicio de implicación por parte de éstos como los pagos realizados en dinero negro para eludir la liquidación de impuestos al estado español.
Los protagonistas de esta nueva entrega son ancianos residentes en Cantoria, que cuentan su particular decepción con el pretendido paraíso , mostrando situaciones extremas que, aunque ciertas, esconden otra importante dosis de verdad como el conocimiento que tenían los compradores de la compra de viviendas en lugares no urbanizados, los pagos realizados en dinero negro y otras prácticas cuyo único objetivo era obtener viviendas a muy bajo precio y residencia en un lugar cercano a un hospital público en el que poder acceder a servicios sanitarios gratuitos.
Reportajes como este último ataque a Cantoria vienen alentados por el lento proceso judicial y administrativo que se sigue contra las viviendas ilegales, ya que ninguno de los promotores, políticos o técnicos municipales implicados ha pasado en la cárcel más tiempo que el necesario para depositar millonarias fianzas