Buying property in Arboleas

Started by tileman, September 28, 2010, 16:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffi

Most solicitors are now red hot on property in the Almanzora Valley area and paperwork is studied a lot more carefully than before when some properties seemed to go through on a nod from a friendly solicitor.......ensure you use a good solicitor and an Agent who offers the Caser 20 year insurance policy. Decree 218 means most Agents still in existence after a dreadful 2009 do the job thoroughly and professionally, the wide boys seem to have disappeared. Never take the word of a stranger you meet in the bar who knows someone with a dead legal property.....going cheap, so many people fell for that one before and ended up defrauded or with dodgy properties

owdoggy

Oh aye, forgot that bit.............welcome to the forum :lol:

:tiphat:

Doggy

Geminis

We are in full agreement with Doggy, rent first and have a look around. It is a lovely area and very friendly people (well most of the time). And yes there are legal properties here, just be aware that you should really look at a solicitor out of the area, try Mojacar etc. also estate agents who use a modicum of standard to ensure that the property they are selling is as legal as possible.

Good luck and hope you find what you want...

P.S. by the way welcome to the forum :lol:
The "angelic duo"

owdoggy

You can buy legal properties here but you have to be careful.

Aye, best advice I can give is to rent first & find out how things are over here. You can get some good rentals & that gives you a chance to talk to as many people as possible without any permanent commitment. One thing I would say though is try & talk to people who love it here  (we are in that category and you're very welcome to come up & have a good old chinwag over a cuppa :tiphat:) but also the people who don't like it here....... then make your own judgement.

Doggy

tileman

Hi to all, I am new today on this forum, my wife and I are thinking of retiring to Spain and are mainly interested in the Almeria area, the villas around Arboleas caught my eye because they are such fantastic value, then I thought why are they, they are almost too good to be true.

So I started digging and I must say that what I have read so far (and it isn't that much) I find very disappointing and worst of all these things appear to have been allowed or encouraged by people in authority in the Town Hall.

It hasn't put me off totally because I am sure there must be totally legal properties to buy there and I think the area and village look very nice.

So can anyone reassure me that all has been resolved or is going to be resolved and that Arboleas is worth considering, we were thinking of renting a villa in Arboleas in November to have a look around.

Regards John. :'(