Free to view UK satellite TV in Spain

Started by David C, May 22, 2011, 10:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonno

U need a free sat box. Not expensive in UK. About £40 for basic and £100 for HD. U need a standard sky sat dish. I've had one for 12 months+. Great and better than sky box after power cuts.

Casa Montes

Quote from: daver on May 22, 2011, 13:38:46 PM
lianne did you mean to put free-view where you have free-sat. in your last sentence.

Yes I did mean to put free View.

lianne
The purpose of our life is happiness: The Dalai Lama

Don't look down on people unless you are helping them up.

awaywiththefairies

If it is 'free sat' box you are talking about it will work with one of the large dishes (1.3m or bigger) we have here in Spain and you get the normal free channels that you get with a sky box .  The digital TV boxes will only as Lianne says give you free to view Spanish TV channels.

daver

lianne did you mean to put free-view where you have free-sat. in your last sentence.

Casa Montes

Yes it will work here but will only pick up Spanish digital free to view channels. Your remote control should give you the option to change to Voice original, so that any original English language programmes that are dubbed over can be swithched to watch in English.

You don't need a dish for a freeSat box just an ordinary aerial.

Lianne
The purpose of our life is happiness: The Dalai Lama

Don't look down on people unless you are helping them up.

David C

I use a mini Free-to-view digital satellite system in my caravan which gives me all the stations I want. The documentation says that it will work on the continant just as well, and before I go to the trouble and cost of bringing one to Spain I would welcome the experience and advise of forum members.
Is the satellite the same as the one that we receive on our 'illegal' sky box and can the large fixed dish be used for freeview as well.
These freeview suitcase kits are now being sold quite cheaply in UK
I appreciate that the SKY pay channels are not available but this isnt a problem for me.
regards
David C