What was you all doing when this was number 5

Started by Tetley, November 27, 2012, 21:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fidgetmidget

Quote from: anneck on November 29, 2012, 00:02:48 AM
fidgetmidget.....that was beautiful, i can just imagine how you were feeling at that time. for me the best comment on this post. i love happlily ever afters. bless you both.
ack

Thanks Ack
Just got to make sure we get the young one back now in May 2013!  Same stuff, different place and time x
FM
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com

Tetley

Ive just looked on here wicki write up,she is still doing a bit .

ive just had a look at the stones track and some picks of 1969.... i bet some of you folks can tell us youngsters a few storys on that one... providing of course you can rember after all the luvin & smokin  :clap:   :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

sparkiemike

:wave

can't remember but Alison Moyet looks great there.

What happend to her.

She put on a lot of wieght

where is she now?

Mike

:tiphat:
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

anneck

fidgetmidget.....that was beautiful, i can just imagine how you were feeling at that time. for me the best comment on this post. i love happlily ever afters. bless you both.
ack

rt21

Quote from: nibbler on November 28, 2012, 16:01:32 PM
Can't remember exactly,probably sitting watching this with my hands down me trousers. :rofl: :rofl:
Nibbler :tiphat:

Nibbler

It's a bad habit putting your hands down your pants it can lead to memory loss in later life. Now what did i just say ?   ;D

Oh yes just look what a lifetime of hands down his pants has done to cantabrian.

Richard

mountaingoat

Going camping at Black Rock sands near Portmerion with my kids , all singing this in the car on our in car cassette player (the biz)

Talking Heads

I was buying it and still have it on 7" so I helped it get to No5 i think it got to No2 ?
Classic 80s synth POP Brilliant!
Vince Clarke was the man behind this track after his split from Depeche Mode (My ultimate fav band)

Steve  :cheesy:
DJ to the Almeria Stars..............

fidgetmidget

May 1982
I was sat glued to the television and waiting for my boyfriend (now husband) to come back from the Falklands having conquered Goose Green with 2 Para.  He got back and we married December the same year  :clap:
FM
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com

Elle1971

I'm not easily distracted, I just... ... ... Oh look!! A puppy!!
Find me on Facebook. I don't bite... often.

nibbler

Can't remember exactly,probably sitting watching this with my hands down me trousers. :rofl: :rofl:
Nibbler :tiphat:

Elle1971

I was still at Junior School, aged 11. Skinny as a bean... and the School Librarian - always did like filing things :D
I'm not easily distracted, I just... ... ... Oh look!! A puppy!!
Find me on Facebook. I don't bite... often.

zilnor

I was 32,  a  size 12, and I had a waist !! Looking after my seven year old son and helping im indoors to run our business. Went to aerobics two to three times a week. Must have been very fit !! And I weighed less than I do now and my waist has disappeared. Ah, happy days !!!  And I remember this act. I had a similar haircut, to the singer. :crazy: :crazy: :lol:

Sharron T

I was in a unhappy marriage working in Clark's shoe factory in Street and had a mortgage payment of 53 pounds a month, the only thing I would still like out of those 3 is the mortgage payment instead of the one I have got now.  :-D

Queen Clare Shirley

I was 4 I have no idea, probably causing aggro with my twin brother, rather catchy though
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

little voice

We had blizzards in January '82 when my yougest son was born (Glos). In March I went to live in Houston, Texas with my 2 young sons and husband.

Jollyboy

Don't remember what I was doing in 82 other than working, but I'm pleased to say I don't remember this song or the performers.

I watched the video again without the sound which made me smile!

manjon

I was going out with a lad, that I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with.  :lol:

Trucker

I can remember in 1982 I was listening to an old record on my record player and thought I wonder if I could make love for the complete time the record was playing...well halfway through the needle found a scratch in the record and music started jumping and it put me right off my stride....it didnt matter that much..I was on my own anyway...
2 years later I started my own business and packed it in 25 years later and ended up here, should have kept playing the record me thinks... v( 

Tetley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW6h6AM5mzM

1982 what was you doing.... i was on dole / manpower on a welding course,22... honda 50 and not a care in the world ( dole was 46 quid plus related earnings per fortnight ) didnt own anything... didnt need anything..

happy days  :tiphat:

then some  tory git told mi to get on mi bike... turned mi into a capitalist and ive ended up with a hoose and 20m statalite dish ti watch mi true movies and im turning into a Marxist ( not Karl... Chico ) ;D
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol