Water cress seeds

Started by casabonita, April 18, 2013, 13:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilf and Moira

We've bought watercress (berro) a couple of times recently in Rizos in Albox, my daughter brought me over some landcress seeds last week, looking forward to seeing how it grows.  :) :tiphat:
Always maintain the Status Quo!!

casabonita

Hi Alansue
Yes it is called Berro.
No have searched far and wide but no success, I am in the UK for a few days next week & I will bring back some seeds and grow my own.

alansue

I used to buy watercress in Mercadona but havent looked for a long time, think it was called Berro/Berros. Maybe it is something that is only available in season.  Would be interested if you find some. Sue.

thehidens

Like you we love proper Water cress.  Can buy seeds in Uk - a version called land cress, which seems to grows better in the cooler weather.  (These can be grown in soil)  If you suceed do let us know please.

casabonita

Hi All
When I say watercress I don't mean mustard Cress.
Only I have never seen it on the shelves in mercadona Marietw, your not meaning Coningos or something similar to that spelling  :lol: as this is Lambs Leaf not Watercress.
I am going to Albox tomorrow and will have a look in Lidls Lizzie1201.
Dying for a tinned Red Salmon & Watercress Sandwich  :D

Lizzie1201

Should of said Lidl in Albox

Lizzie1201

Saw some seeds (watercress) in Lidl last week.
Hope they still have them for you.

Marietw

You beat me to this question so thought I would see what replies you got!!!!
However I went into Mercadona on Friday and there it was, on the shelf again - must be the season for it!

I would still like to find some seeds/plants though.

casabonita

Hi
Has anyone seen any Water cress seeds for sale.
You can't buy watercress anywhere so was hoping maybe to find some seeds and grow my own.
If not I will pick some up when I am in the UK next.
Thanks