Basura

Started by DONK, May 02, 2013, 07:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lesley and Pete

Yes - Important to check when you are next here.  If you go direct to the offices in Albox, (the ones with the flags outside, next to Dia), they will be able to give you any outstanding bills and a period in which to arrange payment.  They can bill you for any non-payment going back a few years too.  We thought we had been paying since we first moved in, but had actually 'missed' two payments, so had to pay them earlier this year.  If the bills are not paid, it becomes a debt against the house.

Lesley

byrney

But surely you check your bank statement which will show whether you have paid or not?

DONK

Thanks all  ;) I thought it was 35e a year! looks like I've been lucky for the last 3 years. Now the council tax is set to go up its not going to be as cheap to live as it used to be eh.I still know where id rather be though ....I'm in the UK now and its pants... roll on half term.

cougar

It's only 200m away, must have equated to £28

byrney

Well, not sure where you´ve been Cougar but it recently went up to €35.27.

Having said that, mine has never been as low as €28.

If yours is, it might be because you are a fair distance from a bin and therefore get a reduction.

If not, I´d keep quiet about it before they realise they´re under-charging you :whistle:

cougar

Has the price gone up ? Thought it was 28 euro

rt21

Quote from: Cuddlybill on May 02, 2013, 12:30:08 PM
Talking basura..............................yep, nothing else to do, sad, very sad...........

CB...TheBinman.

Well it keeps them off the streets and out of mischief  :D

Richard

Cuddlybill

Talking basura..............................yep, nothing else to do, sad, very sad...........

CB...TheBinman.
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

guest4538

Quote from: byrney on May 02, 2013, 09:37:39 AM
Just a simple recollection of the massive amount we used to pay in Council Tax (which included Waste Disposal) when living in the UK as oppoosed to what we pay here.
And, just to give an example of the huge increase in expenditure, the area where I used to live is covered by the Greater Manchester Waste Disposal Authority who have just announced an increase of 14.15% on the current year.  This is subsequently levied out to each of the Council Districts in Manchester, who then pass them on to the Council Tax payer.
So, if a corrupt and bureaucratic system, and a lack of competitive tendering leads to lower bills for me, then I´m all for it!!

I don't think this is a like-for-like comparison: you will find Council tax covers somewhat more than domestic waste collection!

In other words, you have no evidence to support your claims!

byrney

Chisme - "I should like to know what information you have to reach such a conclusion?"

Just a simple recollection of the massive amount we used to pay in Council Tax (which included Waste Disposal) when living in the UK as oppoosed to what we pay here.

And, just to give an example of the huge increase in expenditure, the area where I used to live is covered by the Greater Manchester Waste Disposal Authority who have just announced an increase of 14.15% on the current year.  This is subsequently levied out to each of the Council Districts in Manchester, who then pass them on to the Council Tax payer.

So, if a corrupt and bureaucratic system, and a lack of competitive tendering leads to lower bills for me, then I´m all for it!!

guest4538

Quote from: byrney on May 02, 2013, 08:42:56 AM
Yes, around €35 a quarter - cheaper by far the the UK,

Byrney,

I should like to know what information you have to reach such a conclusion? With Spain's corruption, apparent resistance to competitive tendering, and their inordinately complex bureaucratic systems, it's hard to believe that they could carry out any such task more economically than the UK!

byrney

Yes, around €35 a quarter - cheaper by far the the UK, and daily collections without the need for 6 brightly coloured bins cluttering up your path and blighting the neighbourhood!

Lesley and Pete

Donk - that sounds about right - its usually every three months.

Lesley

DONK

How often do we pay basura !! ive had 2 lots taken out 35e one now and one 3months ago. :))