Electricity supply restricted?

Started by byrney, December 16, 2013, 17:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Would this be why in my fuse box (black switch with blue button on the bottom row) keeps tripping.  I have had my oil fired radiators on for a month or two in the evening with no problems but they keep tripping my lights (this has happen only the past two nights and today), it seem only a problem when I was going to bed and switched my lamp on but now it happens during the day, I can use the TV and Internet but nothing else, I don't have a electric kettle, so my question is - is this because of reduced supply or have I another problem?  (The main trip switch doesn't trip only the black bottom one)

regards Margaret

If it is because of another problem can anyone recommend a good electrician?

fidgetmidget

Same here lots through the night then all the bleeping starts, then this morning put my timer on the oven and went back to bed, the power went off 4 times and when it comes back on a button has to be depressed to get the over going again, so out of bed, into bed, out of bed....stayed out..so whoever or whatever it is...thanks for that!
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com

Elgin

Quote from: Big Bad John on December 17, 2013, 09:43:18 AM
:police: Not sure about reduced electricity but I live in Almanzora and have been plaqued with loads of power cuts for the past few days, mostly only short breaks. A couple of days ago the power went on and off continually all night. No problem really because we were in bed but consistently being woken when the power kept coming back on and the phones and other appliances bleeped! It is also playing havoc with all the timers? Also a big problem when working on the computer, just a short cut can mean the loss of whatever I was doing. Yes I Know and I do back-up!!!
Anyone know what is causing all these cuts? Answers on the back of a roll of wallpaper please!  >:(

Loads of power cuts here this morning.  They started at 6 am with 4 in about 30 mins (longest was for a bout 5 minutes) .  There were several more between 7.30 and 9.00 - I was trying to make some onlime payments but everytime I logged into my bank accoun the power went.  By the 4th time this happen I think they heard my cursing in Seville and decided to leave the switch in the on position!!

cantabrian

BBJ , If you treat yourself to a UPS  you would not have a problem with your computer !!!!

Bowel Bugle

When we were on builders leccy in Los Carrascos and the meters on sticks kept tripping, we always believed it was because of that bloke opposite the pool bar that was forever welding stuff and playing music through 1000w amps....
O0
:rofl:

byrney

Maybe somebody "high up" has been upsetting the 'lecky people by speaking the truth, so they're getting their own back.  A bit like the Junta's mentality.  :whistle:

Big Bad John

:police: Not sure about reduced electricity but I live in Almanzora and have been plaqued with loads of power cuts for the past few days, mostly only short breaks. A couple of days ago the power went on and off continually all night. No problem really because we were in bed but consistently being woken when the power kept coming back on and the phones and other appliances bleeped! It is also playing havoc with all the timers? Also a big problem when working on the computer, just a short cut can mean the loss of whatever I was doing. Yes I Know and I do back-up!!!
Anyone know what is causing all these cuts? Answers on the back of a roll of wallpaper please!  >:(
BigBadJohn.

gus-lopez

205v is not really a problem but Seth's 185v certainly is. That Can & will cause damage to equipment. Any household with that voltage  using any appliance like a w/mc that has a digital computer operated system will become scrambled as soon as you turn on a kettle. It doesn't take long for them to then develop faults.

Fickle

There's very little wind over Spain, owing to the current high pressure. The sun is at it's lowest in the sky, so there is a real lack of renewables in the system.
Maybe the whole grid is under pressure. I'd rather have 205 volts than the alternative, that they switch me off because they cannot maintain it.
Seth's value of 186v is quite noticeable as the power is only about 70% of what it would be at 220 volts if my school physics is still OK.

Seth Pittham

Interesting comment.

I have an incident logged. In the evening, I am getting 186v RMS in the office, which is not enough to power some equipment.
Seth Pittham
Owner of Zeta Services. Avenida 19 de Octubre 18 bajo Zurgena 04650
Tlf 950634477 mob 666826886
www.zeta-services.tv  Info@zeta-services.tv
Here to advise, call whenever you want. We all get stuck from time to time. Costs you nothing to talk.

byrney

I don't suppose it could be anything to do with local Councils taking some of the capacity for their street decorations?

Seems to have only happened since they went up.  Probably just a co-incidence, and I am in no way advocating taking them down even if that is the case.

Indee, it's nice to see a bit of good cheer about!
:)

gus-lopez

The law now states 230v +10%/-6%, that is EU wide. The Spanish voltage is 220 so -6% is not below 216,2volts as the measurement is taken from 230v & not 220. Anything below that for more than a short period is illegal.
For low voltage (LV)systems the measurement is taken from 100% of the voltage value , 230v, & not from 95% of the value as in HV systems.

Tetley

Quote from: byrney on December 16, 2013, 17:31:17 PM
Has anyone noticed over the last few days that the lights in the house seem dimmer than usual?

Is it because there is a bigger demand than usual, or do I need a trip to Specsavers soon?

We're with Endesa.

the supplys crap ! somtimes im welding,all flowing nice,then bosh the mig real starts prataling around at diffrent speeds,put a meter on the mains 209 v  808

its also playing havock with my lads sound gear,he is having to run everything through computer battery back up power supplys to get the 240 v

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

cantabrian

C'MON , Give them a chance ? They are still trying to work out load variations , I Mean, electricity is still in its INFANCY HERE !!!!!

ADVANCE Digital

Noticed the same Byrney, for about a couple of weeks now. Voltage ranges from 210 to less than 200. Turn a kettle on and all my UPS's start warning low voltage and their set at 186V.

Never mind the blackouts lately, 4am, 5am 5pm and so on.

This is around Albox area.

gus-lopez

It could be that the demand is causing the voltage to drop. Worth checking with a multimeter as if below 198v you can insist on them rectifying the problem.

jill cockfield

Funny you should say that because I said to Colin this morning that the shop lights seemed dimmer, I looked at them expecting to see a bulb had gone! If the voltage is down it should show by how it takes for your fluorescents to light x

byrney

Has anyone noticed over the last few days that the lights in the house seem dimmer than usual?

Is it because there is a bigger demand than usual, or do I need a trip to Specsavers soon?

We're with Endesa.