starting topic again ( BANKS)

Started by hedges, May 04, 2014, 11:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CT

Been with Cajamar Arboleas for eleven years and no problems, if an account holder is 65 or over banking is free.You can e-mail the branch or phone, both in English. As I have never had problems I haven't tried any other bank.

duds

Hi I have a holiday home here all bills are paid by direct debit I have all paper bills sent to my uk address never had any problems
I "now " transfer money to my bank account in spain  with Transferwise get a true exchange rate at the time  and can do a transaction at 10am uk and will be in Spanish account by 3pm same day . I have had cause to phone Endesa and they put me through to an English speaker and problem was sorted with Galasa I faxed them and they faxed back !! I bank with Caja Murcia and have on line access to monitor everything
Its just a case of setting everything up
Duds

ramblarider

If you want endless hassle, sure... don't do a direct debit from a local bank.

If you want to avoid hassle, simple. Get a local bank account and use that. It depends how much you think avoiding the hassle is worth.....and watch out for 'transaction fees' if you DO pay by card (especially a UK card).

Bank charges here are (for the most part) quite reasonable in my experience. I use Cajama and Bankia.

Regular nut 🥜

doesn't look like anyone knows, but I have been recommended to cajama bank in arboleas

hedges

Payment of bills, Endesa I have tried over the internet but would not accept my visa card and as for phoning their premium rate number and having to hold for ages and listen to sad music probably cheaper to get a bank account water people cant find out how to contact them over the net to pay,  so any recommendations for no fee or cheap fee bank accounts for under 50's holiday home  owner person. PLEASE do not give accounts that you may have if you are resident or retired or have lump sum money coming in ever month. Tetley says he pays over the phone well if he could give us the numbers that he uses to phone them with that would be most help full, and does he have to do this in Spanish or is it done by just pressing in your details. Waiting now for all you helpful people to respond, as this seems to be a big problem over here. would be good if you could just turn it all off when away and back on when you get back. then there would be no bills when you not here to get them and that's if they manage to get to your mail box.