ladyboyg1

Quote from: MELEE on May 01, 2016, 12:36:52 PM
ladyboyg1 stop digging - you might end up burying yourself :tiphat:

Point taken  :thumbsup:

MELEE

ladyboyg1 stop digging - you might end up burying yourself :tiphat:

ladyboyg1

Quote from: felipe on May 01, 2016, 08:49:12 AM
I do not think members are acting immaturely at all. It is more that some topics are more emotional than others. The Hillsborough one for example is very emotive and there is a wide range of views on the subsequent outcome of the inquiry. Topics like that one will always bring out strong views and comments, especially when the are some that are opposing the decision and are viewed as being in the wrong for making their views known.

It can be the same with other emotive topics. What is needed is an understanding by all of us that opinions differ, and that should be accepted. Some comments that are opposed to another´s viewpoint can get a bit harsh, so think about whether you say that to someone face to face before posting, then tone it down a little so that it is not so ´forceful´.

Exactly my thoughts, just without the 'immature' part. Which I would still stand by as it is part of the 'internet behaviour ' classes we run for children.

felipe

I do not think members are acting immaturely at all. It is more that some topics are more emotional than others. The Hillsborough one for example is very emotive and there is a wide range of views on the subsequent outcome of the inquiry. Topics like that one will always bring out strong views and comments, especially when the are some that are opposing the decision and are viewed as being in the wrong for making their views known.

It can be the same with other emotive topics. What is needed is an understanding by all of us that opinions differ, and that should be accepted. Some comments that are opposed to another´s viewpoint can get a bit harsh, so think about whether you say that to someone face to face before posting, then tone it down a little so that it is not so ´forceful´.

ladyboyg1

Quote from: olly on April 30, 2016, 22:33:23 PM
Totally agree with Hogs, ladyboyg1.
Felipe has already made the points, and I don' t see what good you are doing by accusing people of being immature, something that will just wind members up, as they will wonder if you are referring to them,
If the admin think it's O.K. to leave it, then why stir things up?

That is fine, I didn't expect everyone to agree.
I wasn't accusing people of being immature, it was mean't as a statement. They do indeed behave immaturely.
Also I fail to see why it would wind anyone up? I do not know anybody here and therefore have no feelings for them one way or another and they should be the same.
How the admin react is irrelevant as I never accused anyone of breaking the rules, I was simply asking people to show a little more respect..x

olly

Totally agree with Hogs, ladyboyg1.
Felipe has already made the points, and I don' t see what good you are doing by accusing people of being immature, something that will just wind members up, as they will wonder if you are referring to them,
If the admin think it's O.K. to leave it, then why stir things up?
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

terryleg

You all need to get out and about and enjoy some fresh air !

ladyboyg1

Quote from: Hogs on April 30, 2016, 18:43:58 PM
Quote from: ladyboyg1 on April 30, 2016, 18:07:40 PM
Is it just me or has there been a definite drop in standards on the forum recently?
People have been getting hot under the collar and puffing their chests out far too often.
Sure there have been some emotive subjects discussed and people are naturally allowed to hold any opinion they wish.
However what seems to be happening more and more is the ridiculing of others who do not think the same way.

People really need to relax a little and stop this extremely immature behaviour.
I know this is the Internet and you can be as brave as you like when you don't have to say it to someone's face, sadly it is quite transparent and I can't be the only one who thinks that certain individuals are either short in stature (or maybe some other department).
Nobody here has s right to force their opinions on others and neither the right to try and belittle simply to make themselves feel better.
It's not big and it's not clever.

The forum is a great place and lively debate should be encouraged but I think s little respect goes a long way.

With respect LBG1 perhaps a better choice of prose before throwing stones in a glass house.  A forum is a place where all can have their say on any subject matter WITHOUT resulting to personal insults on others as you have written, e.g. small people or those with little winky woos. 

Since Phil has run this Forum personal slights and jibes have been very much in the rarest of posts and in response to genuine cases Phil has dealt with it fairly in my opinion, perhaps you think otherwise,  but that is your opinion which I respect.

Hogsy

No stone throwing from me.
I don't think there is anything wrong with how the forum is run, it is simply the manner in which some of the members respond to those who disagree with them.
They ensure that they stay within the rules, but they still fail to treat others views with the respect that they deserve.

ladyboyg1

Quote from: nibbler on April 30, 2016, 19:31:04 PM
Ladyboyg1, you should be able to tell that I'm chilled because all my post are full of luuuurve. :luv:
Nibbler :biggrin:

As always :kiss:

nibbler

Ladyboyg1, you should be able to tell that I'm chilled because all my post are full of luuuurve. :luv:
Nibbler :biggrin:

doreen1

Totally agree LB1👏🏽

ladyboyg1

Is it just me or has there been a definite drop in standards on the forum recently?
People have been getting hot under the collar and puffing their chests out far too often.
Sure there have been some emotive subjects discussed and people are naturally allowed to hold any opinion they wish.
However what seems to be happening more and more is the ridiculing of others who do not think the same way.

People really need to relax a little and stop this extremely immature behaviour.
I know this is the Internet and you can be as brave as you like when you don't have to say it to someone's face, sadly it is quite transparent and I can't be the only one who thinks that certain individuals are either short in stature (or maybe some other department).
Nobody here has s right to force their opinions on others and neither the right to try and belittle simply to make themselves feel better.
It's not big and it's not clever.

The forum is a great place and lively debate should be encouraged but I think s little respect goes a long way.