''Missing'' Man Found in Spain After Six Years

Started by CT, May 17, 2016, 07:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nibbler

Thanks Melee and Gus, I only asked because there was no mention in the report that was posted. :tiphat: :tiphat:
Nibbler :thumbsup:

MELEE

It said in the report I read yesterday that Spanish authorities became involved because he was confused
and did not know his name, he gave several names, including his real one.

Is confusion not a mental health problem - you don't have to have a complete breakdown to have mental health problems

Karen4

If he falls under the Spanish and EU legal definition of a "vulnerable adult" then his parents may be able to find out where he is. There may be very good reasons why he left in the first place...or there may not.
Cl3880

gus-lopez

Yes  he does have mental health problems. This is the only report that doesn't mention it.
This is also why he came to the attention of the Spanish police due to his erratic behaviour.
He also gave Spanish police 2 pseudonyms & also his real name.
Spanish social care did dna /fingerprint test & it came back he was on an european missing person list.

nibbler

Same reply to you Swithin, thousands of people young and old leave home for various reasons, it seems unfair to their families but that's life and the majotity of them are as sane as the next man or woman,
Nibbler :tiphat:

swithin

Walking out is not the problem. Not letting your family know your alive is, if he has no mental health issues.

nibbler

Interesting comment Melee, where does it say he has mental problems? JoBo, people walk out on their families for all sorts of reasons, who are we to judge.
Nibbler :tiphat:

Jo-JoB

He obviously has his reasons why he fled from the UK. He's an adult, probably a very selfish adult but its his life!

MELEE

It is but he has got mental health problems,I find it amazing that the Spanish
system cared enough to look after him