ARBOLEAS IBI

Started by Roger, October 02, 2016, 12:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

fing is has has been said,anybody buying there home wasent forced to buy in Arboleas and at some point must have accepted the sums and built the taxes in with the costings.

now people have a lower co efficent and reduced taxes.... but they are going to a pound to euro exchange so its all swings and rounderboughts.

basikly
if your buying do the sums for the deal,if it stacks up , deal done,if it doesent ....walk away

the other thing is........there have been debates on here abought the high level of Arboleas co efficent with the Mayor trying to get it reduced as it was making Arboleas expensive to buy into,so it looks like he has now got the job sorted.

:fi_lone_ranger:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Lynden

I'm sure you are right Roger. But like I stated earlier fair and Spanish taxes don't appear in the same sentence. There must be situations where someone has completed a purchase only to discover a few days later they could have saved a lot of money in taxes.

Roger

The problem is that the Hacienda revalued the cat values
but the Junta sets the coefficient.
We were told that the delay was because not all houses had been revalued in 2015.
Possibly valid.
More likely due to beaucratic delay because one is national government and the other is regional government.

Lynden

Quote from: Amanda Oakley on October 11, 2016, 20:43:05 PM

This should have been checked and explained when purchasing in my experience and practice.

It's not that is isn't explained, all the good ones like you do so very clearly. It's that having revalued the catastral in Jan 2015, it ' should' have followed that the coefficient was reduced accordingly in June 2015. This didn't happen until June 2016 leaving buyers in Arboleas with a disproprtionate tax bill. Call me cynical but did this happen in districts where the ex pat proportion of buyers was very low........

Tetley

Quote from: Amanda Oakley on October 11, 2016, 20:43:05 PM
To clarify, the Junta de Andalucia, published new rates in July 2016
New rate in Arboleas FROM this date is 1.65 x the catastral value
Anyone who purchased BEFORE this date may still get a "complimentaria" (additional tax bill) if the purchase price versus the catastral value x the coefficient of 2.9 works out at more than the price paid.

This should have been checked and explained when purchasing in my experience and practice.

Amanda
so if Jonny & dave bought an Arbi villa in say april this year at say 2.9 coe watzitts ie 65k castrate value so 65 k x 2.9 = 188500 x 8 % =  15080 tax

but Dave get,s  a deal and oni pays say 95k for the villa giving a transer tax of  95k  of  8 % @ 7600 tax  ,can old tax big house come along within 4 years for the diffrence in the state castrate vaule tax ie  15080  -  tax payed 7600 =  7480 euros tax bill ?

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Amanda Oakley

To clarify, the Junta de Andalucia, published new rates in July 2016
New rate in Arboleas FROM this date is 1.65 x the catastral value
Anyone who purchased BEFORE this date may still get a "complimentaria" (additional tax bill) if the purchase price versus the catastral value x the coefficient of 2.9 works out at more than the price paid.

Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
Conveyancing and General Legal Services
info@aloservices.es
Tel 950 449179 / 667 994682

Tetley

Quote from: Lynden on October 11, 2016, 20:11:28 PM
Well at least that means most people will only pay 8% now as that will be higher than most catastral values. Last year most were paying around 11%. Still fair and Spanish taxes don't exist in the same sentence. Must not moan though because after 3 years of low IBI compared to the UK it will even out..........until sale time😳

villa,65k euros castrate value

65k x 2.9 = 188500  @ 8% = 15080 k

65k x 1.65 = 107250 @ 8 %  =  8580k

saving 6500 k on transfer taxes,however yer still going have to be a very commited risk averse buyer to blow 8580k in transfer taxes with the current uk madness unfolding ,17 years ago,yed  have bought 2 re builder  farm houses for 8  1/2 k  uk money

hey ho

thats progress   :fi_lone_ranger:

Lynden

Well at least that means most people will only pay 8% now as that will be higher than most catastral values. Last year most were paying around 11%. Still fair and Spanish taxes don't exist in the same sentence. Must not moan though because after 3 years of low IBI compared to the UK it will even out..........until sale time😳

Roger

I have not kept up with this because it is not a Town Hall responsibilty.
However the coefficients are published by the Junta around June/July each year.

Lynden

Roger when did the coefficient drop to 1.65? Last year I'm sure it only came down to 2.54 after the revaluation early in 2015. In effect anyone who purchased a property in 2015 and whenever this new rate came in has had to stump up thousands of Euros in extra tax demanded by the tax office. Can those affected appeal as I remember you suggested that they should last year; however I don't know anyone who was successful.

Tetley

Quote from: Roger on October 11, 2016, 15:54:59 PM
Catastro value (fixed by the Hacienda not by the Town Hall)
x
0.5% for average houses
0.55% for above average values.

:thumbsup:

Roger

Catastro value (fixed by the Hacienda not by the Town Hall)
x
0.5% for average houses
0.55% for above average values.

Tetley

Quote from: Roger on October 11, 2016, 13:51:41 PM
No plans to reduce the IBI rate.
At 350 euros average pa is not so high
and when we have so much demand to finish sewage connections and road improvements.

Rog just to keep folks in the Arboleas  loop,can you explaine  how the IBI  figure is arrived at by the Arboleas tax office ie using castrol values and co efficent / any othere relavent figures/ tarifs ,using for example a home with a 65k castrol value.

Roger

No plans to reduce the IBI rate.
At 350 euros average pa is not so high
and when we have so much demand to finish sewage connections and road improvements.

Tetley

Quote from: Roger on October 11, 2016, 09:34:41 AM
Yes the coefficient is 1.65.
This reflects the re valuation of catastral values in 2015.
My original estimate was that it should be around 1.4 when they did the new estimate.
Better than the previous one of 2.9

great news Rog for buyers,so is the IBI  coming down as well for 2017 ?

Roger

Yes the coefficient is 1.65.
This reflects the re valuation of catastral values in 2015.
My original estimate was that it should be around 1.4 when they did the new estimate.
Better than the previous one of 2.9

Amanda Oakley

Using this link, a property with a Catastral value of €70k, would currently have a value for tax puposes of €115,500
http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/agenciatributariadeandalucia/ov/marcos/consulta_valoracionUrbana.htm?prov=4&mun=Arboleas
:happy-new-year-toast:
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
info@aloservices.es

Amanda Oakley

Roger

If you have a list of names, I am happy to check and see if they are owners known to me............... If they are and I have contact details, will happily email or phone.

I appreciate and am registered for data protection in any event so just happy to help if I can.

Regards
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
info@aloservices.es

Tetley

Rog
did the Arbi Republics Co efficent drop from 2.9 to 2.6 to a new rate of 1.65 from July this year ?

ie making home purchases cheaper

:fi_lone_ranger:

Roger

ARBOLEAS IBI
Following on the comments made under Albox IBI.
In Arboleas Town Hall we have a pile of IBI bills returned by the Post Office (well more accurately they are now on my living room table because I am trying to contact the people concerned).
Why have they not been delivered?
Various reasons.
No postal address, only the house address.
A Fiscal Address which could be a former address which will not receive the bill.
It is still registered in the name of a former owner because the new owner has not changed the registration.

If you have not had your bill and have not registered to pay by Direct Debit you should come to the Town Hall or contact me direct via
www.arboleaslive.com