England v Ireland today-Nations Cup at Twickenham

Started by Old Pedro, November 21, 2020, 10:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Pedro

Three tries, one from Jonny, now chasing Rory Underwood's record. I enjoyed the match and Ireland had some opportunities, nearly over the line to square the scores earlier on. England were rock solid in defence and the statistics tell that story. It was not a try feast but not boring-IMO.

This time fifteen months ago Wales beat England to claim the no.1 spot in the rankings. Now they are in freefall I am afraid. The two top men at the WRU have gone, with the former Wales captain gone, performance director gone, Sam Warburton has gone and so the list goes on. Under new head coach Wayne Pivac, Wales have lost five out of six matches and they are now eighth in the World Rugby rankings. England have the second best rugby coach in the world right now apart from Steve Hansen. Who will win the other group?

lmj52

I hope you’re right Johnny, but Wales were poor today against Georgia.
From grandslam champions to this, but hey ho we’ve been here before.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

Not sure bout that IMJ ,  England against a second string poor Irish side today could only manage 6 points in the second half.
Wales will bring a much greater physicality and Im not sure just how good England are based on the second half knowing Jones would want them to crush all sides.
Might have a half a sixpence on Wales.

lmj52

A comprehensive win by England, May’s second try was awesome. They should beat Wales quite easily next week, I’m sorry to say.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

Very powerful England team but thought they should have piled on the scores in the second half.
England had to put in Approx 140 tackles to Ireland's 70 ish.
Poor game all round.

Lynden

That’s what you call a solid performance by England. There’ll be plenty of battered Irishmen on the coach tonight. Well done England.......Wales up against Georgia....shouldn’t be in doubt but you never know.

Karen4

England played a very good game. They also win the prize for the player with the best hairdo...England number 18. Outstanding!  :cheesy:
Cl3880

Johnny73

England are brilliant and so powerful. Score doesent reflect how dominant they are and they will pile on scores later in the game.
Great side ,great tactics , so powerful.

Old Pedro

Johnny may... stick to the topic please :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What a performance he has put in the first half!

Johnny73

Ireland are being battered . Perhaps Pedro you should look a little closer home in posts on different subjects today by the real stirrer.
Now if the ladies don't mind I would love to stick to subjects without interference as I'm sure you would agree with.

Dunedin

After 30 minutes it's looking to be one sided. England Girls did the business against France. 😅

Old Pedro

Don't throw the towel in yet Johnny, fifteen minutes into the game and still 0-0. I will leave you to contact D's hubby if you really feel the need to. Let's keep on topic please. "Catch yourself on" and enjoy the game.

Pedro

Johnny73

England will be far too powerful today.
I do wish husbands would tell wives before posting.
A bit tetchy on a couple of posts now dear 😁😁

Karen4

Ah sure I know that Doreen, enjoy the match, and I hope you're feeling a bit better now. :cheesy:
Cl3880

doreen1

You have a great day too Karen, and lighten up, you shouldn’t take things so personal. I didn’t say you couldn’t afford it.

Karen4

Quote from: doreen1 on November 21, 2020, 13:36:36 PM
Whoever wins this one will win the group. Game on. (Don't forget, you'll need a reliable and safe VPN â€" such as ExpressVPN or NordVPN â€" to access your RTE account when away from home) 16.00 CET.

Really K ???

Ah, it took me a minute to work out what you meant there Doreen, you have quoted but not quoted me. Channel 4 via the satellite dish, very stable signal.  As for affording to buy a TV system, well, that sort of comment is only to be expected of you. It's a pity you always seem to use so much energy thinking up nasty things to say. I hope you have a good day and enjoy the match. Let's hope Ireland makes the grade!
Cl3880

doreen1

That’s handy if you can’t afford to buy a tv system.

Karen4

Cl3880

doreen1

Whoever wins this one will win the group. Game on. (Don't forget, you'll need a reliable and safe VPN â€" such as ExpressVPN or NordVPN â€" to access your RTE account when away from home) 16.00 CET.

Really K ???

Karen4

Which team will you be supporting Johnny73? We're looking forward to the game.
Cl3880

Johnny73

Ireland have very little chance against a really world class English side.  Ireland are just rebuilding and are lightweight at this level.
Eddie Jones can't resist being his usual nasty self but a great manager.
We have full UK coverage and neighbours are all bringing a bottle and some food so big day ahead.🏈🏉🏉

Old Pedro

South Africa's World Cup-winning coach Rassie Erasmus in Japan last year described the Irish team as "softies". The Irish responded by overwhelming Wales 32-9. Ireland are in transition at the moment. With their captain Sexton out James Ryan has fitted in well and looks the part. England may have the "power" in the forwards and experience. Ireland have picked a really strong team, a UN team they have been labelled. In defence, Andy the coach will say he is just picking the team allowed under the regulations. I have read that the Georgia coach had a slight pop at the way England played, yet I remember Georgia did not score a single point! Not quite name calling without any foundation!