Dentists

Started by Ray144, August 17, 2009, 10:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galeras1

If you need serious dental work done, thousands of euros type, consider Budapest.  Flights from Madrid are very cheap and prices are at least half the local dentists are claiming. My wife could save up to 5000 euros on her estimate.

sixtieschick

I:ve used Leanora in Plaza Dolores since I came to Spain,never a problem with work,but think expensive,speaks excellent english,, I had to have top denture,soon after 2 teeth fell out one I must have swallowed it,Charged another 70euros to re-place,another fell out,which I managed to find,another 40euros just to stick it back in,so obviously no guarantees!!!!! Have been told that the dentist on corner by bank is the best one to go to and speaks english.Will try him if theres a next time

Terry and June

Vivadent in Vera.  The senior dentist's wife, Valerie, is American but is only there in the mornings.  Excellent treatment, all up to date, maybe a bit more expensive but they give me sedation!  Afraid I'm a real baby with dentists.  If I couldn't have sedation I probably wouldn't go!
June

owdoggy

Quote from: AMANDA 1 on August 18, 2009, 17:36:29 PM
Hiya , the dentist in arboleas is closed until september , she is very good and quite cheap !!!!
That's probably why we couldn't get an answer today :D

Ta for that :tiphat:

Doggy

kay

Hiya , the dentist in arboleas is closed until september , she is very good and quite cheap !!!!

owdoggy

Quote from: kazhaynes on August 17, 2009, 18:48:01 PM
I can definately recommend the dentist in Arboleas she is very good and speaks English.  Believe me I am a total coward when it comes to the dentist but will be going back to her in a couple of weeks for my check up.
Is that the one near Azabache & if so can you tell me the opening times please?

Ta :tiphat:

Doggy

mo

I have used Roberto in the parque commercial for 7 years and never had a problem.  I have had fillings and 2 crowns done with no pain and good prices. Highly recommend.  Mo

charmist

our experience in dentists was confirmed when I went back to my UK dentist who is private and told what the dentist here had said was rubbish and it was only a filling and they had missed another problem it worked out for me cheaper to go back have the work done by someone I knew I could trust and have a few days with friends. NO dentist in spain for me or Hubby.

Titch

I've heard bad reports about Leanora in Plaza Dolores. She always says you need DEEP cleaning.  A friend had to have teeth out and false ones made.  The friend was in a lot of pain.

I went to Roberto's  in Mojacar about 3 years ago for a replacement filling.  40 euros (3 years ago) for less than 10 mins of shoddy, sloppy workmanship and no injection.  I couldn't recommend him. Other friends had a lot of pain when they went to him for crowns.

That's 2 NOT to go to.

The dentist in Turre wanted to take out my husband's tooth when he lost the crown, so we didn't go there again.

However, I can recommend Viva-dent in Vera Oppposite the medical centre.  Excellent English, very modern equipment. Prices maybe not the cheapest but up front.

They start treatment by doing a complete x-ray of  all the teeth- 40 euros.  Then a really good clean - 60 euros. They managed to save my husband's tooth.  He had a new crown fitted and a lot of time was taken to get a good colour match and great care was taken with the fitting. The x-ray showed several small cavities on the gum line so these were fixed as well.  All the treatments were painfree and my husband is an expert on dentists!!

On the other hand, I had a complete 180 degree X-ray and a thorough clean but didn't need any other work. So they don't treat unecessarily.

I would certainly recommend them for any non-routine work. A least one of the dentists has higher qualifications.

Titch

kazhaynes

I can definately recommend the dentist in Arboleas she is very good and speaks English.  Believe me I am a total coward when it comes to the dentist but will be going back to her in a couple of weeks for my check up.

Scotty

Quote from: carlossaliente on August 17, 2009, 11:06:44 AM
Apparently, the dentist in Plaza Dolores in Albox speaks English.  I ´couldn´t tell you what the prices are like though

Never been, but reports from 3 friends have all been good - she is apparently very gentle :tiphat:

Lynne

We go to Maria at the McNamara dental surgery in Olula (tel/fax: 950 440134).  She's just a hundred yards or so from the roundabout up the main road, right hand side, almost directly opposite the post office.  She speaks enough English to understand most things and so does her nurse/receptionist, Cristina.  Both lovely and very kind and gentle indeed.  My husband almost enjoys going now.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Simone

I'm an expert on dentists as ive been to quite a few.  Next to supper turre (turre) there is an apartment block go in there 2nd floor and there is a dentists on the left. the one i used had "angel" in his name (know it sounds stupid but he was recomended and because he had that in his name i tried him) anyway he managed to save my back tooth that all the other dentists wanted to take out and he did the best job and now i only use and trust him.  In fact when i move back to England ill come back here for any treatment i need.  ill get you proper details when i have more time. hope that helps.  It did cost money but was well worth it and i paid in instalments as i needed a crown but thats better that losing the tooth and needing an implant which costs well over a thousand euros!

knowall

Quote from: carlossaliente on August 17, 2009, 11:06:44 AM
Apparently, the dentist in Plaza Dolores in Albox speaks English.  I ´couldn´t tell you what the prices are like though
Her name is Leonora and I won't be going there again.
My wife had very good service at the dentist in Arboleas last month, I think I will go there in the future.

carlossaliente

Quote from: happy on August 17, 2009, 14:28:59 PM
Do not use the one oposite the newly built square oposite the bank on the corner , sorry cant remember the names . The dentist is on the second floor and has a sign sticking out over the main street in Albox , he will rip you off . Andres is good , fair prices and makes a good job of it , never heard anything bad about him at all , will use him myself one day soon .
Andres is the dentist above the bank on the corner at the edge of Plaza San Francisco, and he´s never ripped me off.  In fact, thats where my Spanish friends go too.

sailor

If it's not to far, Roberto at The Dental Clinic, upstairs in the Commercial Centre in Mojacar. He speaks good English and the Dental Nurse is English. I've used them for about 4 years without a problem.
Regards  :tiphat:
British Born. English By The Grace Of God

carlossaliente

Thats Andres, my dentist. I didn´t know he spoke English!! Cheeky!

Essex Girl

Hi can't rember the name, but he is oposite plaza san francisco, in Albox, (stairs under the bank,) did not cost an arm and leg and NO PAIN!!
A wise old owl sat in an oak,
The more he saw the less he spoke,
The less he spoke, the more he heard,
Why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Red

Try the Dentist near the Azabache, they are only there on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
The Equipment is modern and the Dentist is very nice.
They speak quite good English and charge 40 euros for a filling.
Im going back again for another session soon.:D ;D

Ray144

Thanks for the info.

carlossaliente

colinspain

Sol Dentists in Huercal Overa. If you stand in the main street looking at Mercadona they are to the left. English is getbyable. Prices reasonable. All the latest kit and so far pain free  :yawn:
They are on summer hours at present and can't remember the times-sorry
Hope this helps
Definition of politics."Poli" Greek for many. "tics" blood sucking insects.

Ray144

Could anyone out there reccomend a good english speaking dentist that will not need me to take out a mortgage to pay for.