Cool

Started by owdoggy, May 10, 2011, 19:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnH

Yup. It was the 2 stroke triple. Went like a scalded cat in a straight line, but didn't appreciate corners. Not sure if the frame had a hinge somewhere in the middle or if it was the shiny plastic tyres that they fitted as standard. Made a lovely sound though through those three pipes and looked fantastic in a dark metallic green. The 500 and 750 versions must have been mad. Traded it in for a Z900, which whilst a lot faster, felt so civilised.

John

owdoggy

Quote from: JohnH on May 11, 2011, 08:24:40 AM
My mate had one but I had an S3 400 Kawasaki. It's still the bike I look back upon with the most fondness. Neighbours hated it. I used to wake up the entire neighbourhood starting it for work at 5am everyday.

Was that a triple? My mate had a Kawa 500 H1E..... completely mental machine. When it wasn't blowing crank seals it went everywhere staring at the sky.....and it seemed to have a frame that was hinged in the middle but if you could keep on it jeez it was quick :crazy:

If I remember right they also bought out a 750 (H2).......... can't imagine what that must have been like :lol:

Doggy

JohnH

My mate had one but I had an S3 400 Kawasaki. It's still the bike I look back upon with the most fondness. Neighbours hated it. I used to wake up the entire neighbourhood starting it for work at 5am everyday.

Tony19

Always wanted one of them but ended up with a 350LC

owdoggy

Saw an absolutely mint Yammy RD400 in La Alfoquia this evening. Complete with square shape tank & yellow & black old Yammy colours it looked to be in showroom nick. (Brit plates)
That must be worth a couple of bob these days.

Very nice :clap:

Doggy