Southerners

Started by loafer, August 08, 2012, 16:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

temasek

By the way.. ee oop did some of you used to work in a circus? A French one maybe???? Allez oop etc?
Its a strange French they speak in these parts. :whistle: :D
W.R.L.F.C.

temasek

Madremia
Me taking life too seriously... you got the wrong one there matey!
:wave
Mind you , maybe I am , as I actually like Southerners... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
W.R.L.F.C.

villegas

NO NO NO..............

Clarts are trousers, or general clothing
as in 'Cum on child, get thi clarts on, thal be late fo skool'......direct quote from my nan  :rofl:
Ganzys are jumpers/pullovers
What about snickets and ginnels tho?????

ps and well done ladies with the boxing

finn

watching the olympic boxing final and seeing the fantastic katie taylor win gold on behalf of ireland i thought i would point out to the southerners that her dad pete is from yorkshire.what a great dad and coach and a very nice man. as for katie the most polite unassuming young lady you could meet. the sound levels from the irish was unbelievable. well done to all concerned .
finn

sparkiemike

this forum has been really good fun the last couple of days

well done everybody

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mike

:tiphat:
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

MadreMia

eeee by gum Temasek! as we say darn sarf 'get yer 'andbag' out! Lighten up mate - its all a joke, stop taking life too seriously! Get yourself back to a local wheeltappers and shunters club and drown yourself in a pint of bitter!! By the way I'm from 'Planet South' - thank God!! (and me muvver and farfer too!)  

temasek

Nosun

Its somewhere just North of Watford according to them I think .
:clap:

PS Blimey what a marth what a north an Sarth, Blimey what a marth they've got!!!!!!
All marth n no trahsers lolol :rofl: :whistle: :whistle:
W.R.L.F.C.

temasek

Hello Bloggs
So what are clarts and ganzys?
You've lost me there.
W.R.L.F.C.

bigbaz

owdoggy

Quote from: bigbaz on August 09, 2012, 17:32:57 PM
what are they?

Muck & jumpers bonny lad ...... yer divvunt taak proppa like?

Doggy

bigbaz

bloggs

i married a northener many years ago took me years to find out what clarts and ganzys are

felipe

RoyBoy much the same as northerner's.  :lol: :lol:  The only ones so far not mentioned are those from norf of Watford Gap but sarf of Derby

temasek

Baz and nosun
I already spend my life thinking how lucky I am that you live dawn sarf!!!!!!!!!!! Hurry up back and make it a long stay.
Just what my snooty sister in law says re fat women. She should have gone to specsavers...
Its more a case of don't come , we would not want you to.
W.R.L.F.C.

RoyBoy

sparkiemike,re queen,s english.all i hear from sutherners is f in this and f in that.

sparkiemike

sothern women brush their hair before going out

northen women brush their chins

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mike

nosunnofun

im gonna spend every day of the rest of my life thanking my mum and dad that i was born down sarf

Me too  :lol:

bigbaz

the last post just goes to show that norverners and suvveners are completely different species of brits

im gonna spend every day of the rest of my life thanking my mum and dad that i was born down sarf

living in spain meant i mixed with northerners a lot, interesting period in my life

i found learning spanish much easier than northern

King saint 76

I recently watched coverage of the UK Darts Championships and, I have to say, it's come a long way since the days of unshaven, beer-swilling, fat, sweaty Northerners in dark, smoke-filled rooms.

The Men's Championship has improved too

carwyn99

Quote from: temasek on August 09, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

We eat properly in Lancs and Yorks, preferring something that looked over a wall, rather than living off lettuce leaves.
Hiya Olly!!!!

This would explain why there are so many more Fat People in the North compared to the South.

temasek

Shepherd Neames for me please or Young's ESB.
W.R.L.F.C.

nibbler

Come the middle of Sept I'll be in Old Leigh not keen on ells but a pint of cockles washdown with a pint of bitter,Loverrrrrly.
nibbler :tiphat:

temasek

You got that wrong ,Saint, my stuck up Southern sister in law goes for a BARTH..... But does not go to MARRRSSS  why Mass not Marrrs???? But she comes from Kent.
Love the scenery in Kent, especially the Cement works along the A2 (M2) and the oil refineries etc on the Isle of Grain!!!!!!!!!!!!
As for all you Yorkshire knockers they are our brilliant neighbours, but from the wrong side of the Pennines!!!!
We eat properly in Lancs and Yorks, preferring something that looked over a wall, rather than living off lettuce leaves.
Hiya Olly!!!!
W.R.L.F.C.

King saint 76

Northeners and Southerners say things differently - for example, the word: bath

Southerners say: I'm off for a bath

But Northerners say: **** it, let's just go get drunk

olly

It must be better for you living in the North, as women of a certain age from all over the country can all be heard moaning, "oh no it's all going darn sarf". :rofl: :rofl:
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

felipe

I used trahsers because that's how many Londoners say the word trousers.

gus-lopez

Quote from: felipe on August 08, 2012, 21:18:26 PM
There's nuffink betta than goin inta a shop and buyin a whistle n flute with the trouble n strife.  Off to the boozer and leavin wiv aht fallin dahn the apples n pears wiv aht losin ya trahsers.

trahsers.  :o    Actually it's  'strides'.

sparkiemike

down south we don't keep pigeons & whippets, are more refined & speak the queens english.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mike

Elle1971

I was a Pompey girl in a former life. Actually I was born in York,.. then moved here there and everywhere due to Army Dad... but then settled in Anglia. Or "Angular" as Jade Goody once called it (RIP Jade).

But... moved "dahn Sarf" in 1975 and ended up in Portsmouth in 1990. Hence my Pompey Fishwife accent gob.

Ended up with a "Norverner" in the end! Have been teaching him the differences between bath and bath... and grass and grass... ever since!

Elle xx
I'm not easily distracted, I just... ... ... Oh look!! A puppy!!
Find me on Facebook. I don't bite... often.

olly

I've been down South.
It's worse!!!!! :rofl:
                        Pete. Oliver.

bigbaz

ive been oop north

it was orrible

olly

Nice one TEMASEK.
Most Southerners hav'nt a clue, they have never been up North and think we are all Coronation Street characters up there. ???
Comes from watching too much television, and not seeing the real North of their country.
As a recent topic has just showed, there have been more Olympic medals won by Yorkshire folk than all the other regions in the U.K. :clap:
Now being a Lancs lad myself that hurts a bit, but hey ho let them enjoy their bit of fame. :tiphat:
Jellied eels, pie and mash, great food? You must be joking.  :vomit:
                        Pete. Oliver.

bigbaz

i was in leigh on sea today

i love having a go at northerners and they love having a go at me
its great, its what makes britain great

Duffs

Thanks John (Beachcomber), as tasty as I am sure it looks it was not made with eel liquer though. You will just have to go and catch some eels (not Conger) and cook them as well. I always look forward to visiting your establishment, to have eels (jellied or stewed) would be a great treat.

To be serious it would be a treat if you had a sea food special evening, prawns, cockels, whelks, oysters, jellied eels, crab etc. It could be just like a visit to Leigh on sea. Glorious! Best wishes.

handy andy

Quote from: felipe on August 08, 2012, 21:18:26 PM
There's nuffink betta than goin inta a shop and buyin a whistle n flute with the trouble n strife.  Off to the boozer and leavin wiv aht fallin dahn the apples n pears wiv aht losin ya trahsers.
:clap: well said
apple n pears for them to bed