Whats the wildest bike you have owned.... ?

Started by Tetley, February 02, 2014, 19:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Yer a mate of mine had a yzf 750,realy nice bike i new another lad with a tlr100r and no bxggxer could catch him on a track day at cadwell ie the r1 & blade men,infact quite a few ended up in the back of an ambulance trying and they recon the TLS  was just mental to ride.

ive got a dyno carbed R1 the 99 model and thats nutts,far far to fast for me wich is why i havent bother plating & using it.

i new a lad with an rd 500 and that was nuts as well,plus the big 3 pot qkaw is worth good money now as well.

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

rf9rider

I had a couple of wild ones, a Suzuki GT750 Kettle, awesome in a straight line, just didn`t want to go round corners.

Spat me off a few times.

Also had a Yamaha YZF750 with a tuned Exup 1000 motor in it.

Surprised a lot of the R1,s and Blades etc.

Tetley

ar yes the old mag advance & retard leaver... tricky little Bxggxrs them     :)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

mickandmarlene

About 1960 I bought a aerial red hunter, 350 cc, it had advance and retard levers on it, the head light had a big bolt go right through it so you could swivel it up or down, the reason for that was when the bike kicked you back ( if you had not got the advance and retard right or forgot to do them)and you went over the Handel bars you did not break that or your back when you hit it. I was 15 at the time I then had to sell it, that was when the new law came out that you could not ride anything over 250 cc, by the way I paid 10 shillings for it, I wonder what it would be worth now.
I never did got to ride it on the road, I used to push it over a field on weekends, and ride it round that, till some off duty copper told me that he would nick me if I did it any more, he had been on nights and I woke him up from his sleep.

Tetley

Raligh run abought ,wi 12 volt bulbs in 6 v lights   and rideing on the paths home after teq collage coz i had no lights....... :crazy:

Billybantam

Whilst we are all talking of wildest bike what about worst,
Mine has to be my first bike a Casal Moped 3 speed twist grip gear change Like a Lambretta, absolutely awful, 28mph flat out down hill with a breeze, I once rode it to my base in Plymouth from Bradford, Yorks and it took me 14 hours as all A roads, never rode it back though lol.
I believe they were Portuguese, says it all really. BB

Tetley

Wow the yam looks a right handfull on youtube  :) i had an 82 yz 250 with the rotary power valve and that was a handfull on the rambler here,mi mate had a kx 500 that was bleedin mental,infact i only ever heard it,i never saw him on it  ;D

i like the 2 stroke stuff,with the E up valves as it gives yer a false sence of security,yer pootling around on min,then when the power ban comes in yer nearly off the flaming back  ;D

i bought my lad a kx 65 when he was abought 8 ,i used to take the yz out and he used to follow me,we used to tootle around here on road off road no problem ,befor the Brit mother ship off loaded all the sensibles,  :-X no grief from the GC,    first timer i took him to la cintra ,i get there,turns round,no Dan  :o goes back to look for him ,he is in the bushes at the bottom of la cintre hill on the back road trying to get the bike out the bushes  :-\ so i pulls up,he,s in tears,and says what the fiicking hell yer doing son  :o he replys .... this is you fault... you havent shown me how to go down step hills befor dad and use the pedal brake  :whistle:

hey ho,happy days  :)

markandkaren

funny enough i had this conversation with a friend at the weekend. the usual lc's, wobbly cbx thou, etc. came up but it boiled down to two bikes,  a 70's Honda Mini-Trail with a bored out engine and nitrous on standard brakes and naff tyres (and no rear suspension!) and a road legal Yamaha  IT 465. the IT won because  the little honda made me smile and it was a good laugh but the Yam scared the sh^t out of me when i bought it and still scared me when i sold it.  it threw off four of my mates just by pulling away in 1st gear.   i would have one now though if i could find one at reasonable euros.

mark

Tetley

Yer i rember them M21,s and mi mate had the 250 3 pot kwak and that was mentle so the 400 musdt have been....... :o

mi mate got a 500 twin suzuki after that,and that realy was bonkers,he come screaming up our drive,into the garage and id left the end pit board off,when he braked all the boards parted and he ended up duwn the pit....... :rofl:

happy days

JohnH

I had the Z900 too. Bloody fast for it's time, but I thought relatively civilised. In 1975, I had an S3 400 Kawasaki. It was absolutely bonkers.
The neighbours used to complain about the noise when I set off for work about 6.30am, it sounded like a bag of nails on tickover and howled
once you got to 3000rpm. Main problem came in around 6000rpm. It was practically impossible to keep the front wheel on the ground in the
first 3 gears. Shame it had plastic tyres and crap suspension, but it was a lot of fun.

John

tonychris

An x army BSA M21 side valve (talk about kick back).

Tetley

Quote from: Billybantam on February 02, 2014, 21:00:57 PM
The Green Meanie Z900 Kwak widow maker, got off an SS50 moped aged 17 and 1 day at Kawasaki Center Bradford and rode away on the awesome Z900, lucky to be still alive 37 years later and a few bikes later but none as frightening as that beast. :tiphat:

OOOO Billy i rember the 900 kwak well,the apprentices dream..well apart from the Penthouse girls   :)and as for the ss 50,wonderfull happy days   :tiphat:

Billybantam

The Green Meanie Z900 Kwak widow maker, got off an SS50 moped aged 17 and 1 day at Kawasaki Center Bradford and rode away on the awesome Z900, lucky to be still alive 37 years later and a few bikes later but none as frightening as that beast. :tiphat:

Tetley

doreen1

Are you telling me Santa didn't make my bike????

Tetley

Doreen
the Dunlop brothers started on them,god bless em and RIP ,ya man  :tiphat:

doreen1

I loved my bike. Went to the shops with my mammy. Got up to 5 miles an hour at one point.

:wave

Tetley

Ive had a lot of the 130 bhp stuff ie blade,r1,tlr,but the monster was the yam xt 550 kick start,if yer cort it wrong it would give yer a wicked boot back,leading to a 4 day hooble  ;)
nice old bike,but it had to go,assuming yer could kick it off and start it  ;D