Opticians

Started by diamondlil, October 17, 2013, 14:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest4538

As long as you have your prescription, which they are obliged to give you in the UK even with a free eye test, why pay more than 8€ a pair for your specs? - http://www.selectspecs.com/cheap-glasses/.

gus-lopez

there's always been 2-4-1 offers in lorca. I paid just under 180€ for 2 pairs of glasses, reading/distance, back in april. 2 the same or 1 normal/1sunglasses were on offer at 96€.
Cheaper than the £382 my missus paid in vision express for varifocals in july.

Pompey Blue

Quote from: marge on October 21, 2013, 13:03:23 PM
Or you could have a trip to Benidorm where I spotted a Specsavers and they had all special offers in the window similar to the UK

There is also a branch at Torrevieja.
Man cannot live by bread alone, there should be a beverage involved.

marge

Or you could have a trip to Benidorm where I spotted a Specsavers and they had all special offers in the window similar to the UK

diamondlil

Thanks to all who replied to my post.

I can feel a little trip coming on!!! :clap:

jill cockfield

We have had several pairs of glasses since we've been here and all have been VERY expensive, we have decided now to get ours sorted on our visits to the UK in the future.

guest4538

Quote from: nanainspain on October 18, 2013, 15:01:15 PM

While in Spain .... I've never in twelve years paid for an eye test !

But were you given your prescription to enable you to buy your specs elsewhere?

nanainspain

While in Spain I've not known 2 for 1 offers I've never in twelve years paid for an eye test !

guest4538

Quote from: diamondlil on October 17, 2013, 14:41:04 PM
Hi all

Can anyone suggest a good opticians in the Albox Area, and does anyone know if they do  2 for 1 offers like UK

many thanks

That seems highly unlikely! It's probably much cheaper to take a short return trip to the UK; get your eyes tested for free; and then use your prescription to order your specs online.

Effectively you'll be getting a free holiday to the UK thrown in!

diamondlil

Hi all

Can anyone suggest a good opticians in the Albox Area, and does anyone know if they do  2 for 1 offers like UK

many thanks