Tiger on your tail !!

Started by Jim1544, January 23, 2014, 19:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockymo

Jim brought it round for me to see Realy pretty thanks Jim

Tetley

Quote from: cantabrian on February 02, 2014, 17:56:59 PM
I Would still prefer a PRE UNIT T120 , Stuck in a wideline F,bed, ETC, ALSO a T100 (1955) Splayed head (all alloy) (it was a prototype raced by Ernie Lyons ) Also my Gold Star DBD 34 (1963) (I Should NEVER married the first TWO !!!!)(wives!!)

Bri
a decent wife would buy them back... :)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

cantabrian

I Would still prefer a PRE UNIT T120 , Stuck in a wideline F,bed, ETC, ALSO a T100 (1955) Splayed head (all alloy) (it was a prototype raced by Ernie Lyons ) Also my Gold Star DBD 34 (1963) (I Should NEVER married the first TWO !!!!)(wives!!)

Tetley

Yes im a Triumph & BSA man ,i also had a nice roadster commando wich i luved but i sold it,ive got a nice vid of some of mi old dears that i had in the uk,if i get round to it il get it onto youtube and post it.

basikly when i was in buisness in the UK,if we had a quite day ,or weekend opening,i used to have a bike on the bench ready to du up,one lad would polish the alloy,another lad would prep the paint / tin were,i had mi 70 year old dad on the laith making bits and another lad prepping engin bits,ie valve grinding,then my then 3 year old would come in and pick somthing up and loose it,and get the lads moaning,with me saying... Dan are yer touching... no Dad ...... :-X

then TT or Manx GP  week,i used to shut the buisness for 4 days and we all used to bxggxer off the the isle of man in the sprinter  :)

happy days,probably the best days  :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Jim1544

Yeh, I know what you mean about the sound Tetley, the first time I saw the 675 triple sport was in Italy, we were motorhoming and had stopped a a remote restaurant/bar in the hills above Monaco, Sat outside enjoying a cool beer when I heard the sound of a distant Bike winding it up the valley on one of those twisty roads you see in Adverts.  Magical sound and thought , God that sounds brilliant , anyway the sound got louder and eventually this bike pulled up at the restaurant and the rider got off and entered, I had to go and look.....It was the 675 in black and gold with the Triumph badge in gold on the tank, :romance: I remember feeling surprised, envious and sad all at the same time, Surprised it was a British bike, envious of its looks and sound and sad because I knew I would never be able to own one. I had a Bonny back in the 70's, a 1968 T 120, with the pea shooter silencers, a classic now, I remember the pride at owning it, candy apple red and silver, great bike, I'd be a wealthy man if I owned it now!!  Regards, Jim
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

Tetley

To be fair its nice that people are buying Triumph, and that Triumph are taking sales from the japs ,i saw the Valmoto 600,s race at the TT very impresive,I fancy a 750 to use but i think its a bit heavy for mi knackered knees so might go for somthing with an alloy frame ,995 ish with sit up bars on, the triples sound wonderfull as well.

:tiphat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn1Ej6Skr7w

timo

Glad you like your Tiger, I used to ride a Kawasaki vn1600 when I lived in Spain and I have now chopped it in for a Triumph Rocket 111 tourer , what a bike Rocket is the right name for it unbelievable pulling power and Triumph seem to be doing very well in the UK the local Triumph dealer has been selling bikes on a regular basis while other dealers are struggling
welcome to the world of Triumph
Timo 

Jim1544

Thanks for the offer Mark but she actually LIKES the bike!!, she's never been in to bikes but she actually refered to it as "CUTE" ?? when she saw it on Monday. I suppose thats a glowing endorsement from an unbeliever! but not an adjective I would ever use about a bike :lol:
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

markandkaren

what a result for you jim. cant wait to see and hear it. if you need somewhere to hide it from the "missus" let me know. i have spare room in the garage........:)

cheers,

mark

Tykebiker

Nice one Jim, looking forward to meeting your new steed. Been in Portugal for a week but back tomorrow, hope to see you soon.
Shiny side up boys and girls!

Jim1544

Well, picked up the new Triumph today, sods law, 36 kph winds, 7 degrees and rain from Baza to just before Granada, waterproof trousers? nah, for wimps, so arrived at Dealers, soaked and it took over an hour hovering over an electric heater to thaw me out, my spanish aint brilliant , but with a frozen jaw its just gobbledegook!! Gob smacked at the brilliant condition of the Triumph, full service history by Triumph dealer in Alicante, the dealer fitted new chain and sprockets and new brake pads along with a service, oil change etc. cant believe the pulling power compared to the restricted BMW, and the sound from the 3 into one original silencer is music to the ear. Will take a few runs out to get used to the change and high winds forcast all week, so will be taking it easy, initially ! good news from Linea Directa, its only 25 euro's dearer a year  to insure than the BMW, considering the Horse Power difference thats fantastic.  Just celebrating with a glass of scottish anti freeze to warm me cockles.....and me leggles and armles and in fact me whole body..les, forgot what it was like to go on a cold ride, looking forward to resuming the Monday ride outs....weather permitting *&"   regards, a very happy Jim.

Jim1544

Quote from: hunkychunk on January 24, 2014, 10:33:22 AM
Hi Jim,

Belated birthday wishes.

Very nice pressie,excellent motor.Got fed up of waiting for
the spares for the Beemer then?

See ya soon   Ian.
Nah, parts arrived and beemer fixed, getting the Tiger from a dealer in Granada on Monday, he is taking the beemer in part ex, might need some orthopedic boots as the tiger is about an inch taller seat height. Thanks all for the birthday wishes, me old age pension is going to pay for the bike :clap:

hunkychunk

Hi Jim,

Belated birthday wishes.

Very nice pressie,excellent motor.Got fed up of waiting for
the spares for the Beemer then?

See ya soon   Ian.

3M

nice one jim,could have told us it was your birthday,belated greetings.
cheers paul
Paul & Mette

rf9rider

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Triumph Tiger!

Here`s mine, although it`s the earlier "Steamer" model, and slightly modified.

markandkaren

oooh jim.  i was just reading a write-up on hinkley tigers this afternoon from an old BIKE mag. maybe i can see the future. i'm definitely going get to a monday ride out just to see it. nice one.

ps.  belated Birthday wishes.

pps. does that mean the beemers gone?

fazktm650

Nice one mate I used to have a 900 tiger back in the old country lol

Jim1544

Monday club watch out, it might bite you.........Jims new pet?  Well, I was 65 the other day and neeeeeeded a present to celebrate!! :drinks:   DONT TELL THE MISUS.